Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony CCD-TR810E -Hi8 Tapes to PC

• 20-08-2009 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm capturing Old Hi8 holiday tapes to PC using the AVS applications
    http://www.avs4you.com.

That works fine :)

My problem is that when i power my Handycam with the Mains Charger unit, I get a band of noise (small white tadpole shaped) on the image. If I power it from the battery only, no problem. I get a clear picture.

It would be better to run from mains since the Hi8 tapes run for 3hours (LP)

Question :
    Is this normal ? or do i have a faulty power supply/charger ? Could it be that a charge is being fed to the battery while in use and it interferes ?

A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

i feel a bit silly about this now :o

By moving the camera away from the PC, the interference disappeared. Now working perfectly with the charger connected :)

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Anchises wrote: »
    i feel a bit silly about this now :o

By moving the camera away from the PC, the interference disappeared. Now working perfectly with the charger connected :)

A.

Don't be. Electrical interference can seriously hamper video and sound and not a lot of people are aware of it; that's why a lot of expensive cabling is quite thick, due to the heavy shielding in place to stop issues, like the one you experienced, from occurring.

Glad to hear you've got rid of your issue. ;)

Advertisement