Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening an underfloor vent

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

2 years ago my cowboy builders left me a lovely array of problems to which I am continually searching for solutions. The latest being that 3 underfloor vents which I thought existed were discovered to be blocked, either by damp course or a vapour membrane, I'm not sure which. No air has been able to come through to my extension, and a resulting damp problem which I am now dealing with in the old part of the house. 2 of the vents have already been cut. But I am now worried that they should be dressed down in some way. Am I just creating a new route for moisture to get in by cutting them out. Any advice welcome as I haven't a clue what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi there,

This is a Help Desk for boards.ie website related issues.

You might want to post your query to the relevant forum in the Home & Gardens section, where you will find the experts on all your issues :)

Advertisement