Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetables are up!

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

http://www.timetable.ul.ieYay! 13hrs a week! Not too bad, even though I've four 9am starts. What about you lot?:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Me refers to what bluedolphin said around this time last year:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FolmColan

Hmm, doesn't seem to think Architecture exists...:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fivetwenty

FolmColan wrote: »
    Hmm, doesn't seem to think Architecture exists...:cool:
    That's done through SAUL - or you could just chalk something into every box if you like ;)

As for me, 28hrs (come October I bet I'll have it down to just the labs:D), and that's just five modules, I've a feeling that one of them will be traded for another, lighter module however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 FireFly09

12 hrs a week then 15hours every second week!!! I fin at 11am on a friday.....DEADLY!! only two 9am starts. oh the joy of law and acc!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 FolmColan

fivetwenty wrote: »
    That's done through SAUL - or you could just chalk something into every box if you like ;)

Errr, SAUL? Talk slow, I'm a bit thick.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Does anyone know how to look up the Taught MA courses? have looked everywhere for the course codes but can't find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 k82009

to get your timetable do you enter in your student ID or your course code mine blank for student id??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mine is a bit all over the place... 5 hours on Monday, 5-6 on Tuesday... None on Wednesday... I'm on 4-7 on Thursday... plus assorted others. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Ive 28 hours, a 8 hour friday but a 10 am start monday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

First years have to wait until week 3 for theirs to go up

am looking at the course timetable for year one and cant make head nor tail of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

12 hours a week, NO nine starts!! But two tuts on a friday from 4-6, that may be changed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

am looking at the course timetable for year one and cant make head nor tail of it.

Phew. I was looking at that with an expression like this :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GraGra90

FireFly09 wrote: »
    12 hrs a week then 15hours every second week!!! I fin at 11am on a friday.....DEADLY!! only two 9am starts. oh the joy of law and acc!!:D:D:D

How are you finished at 11 on a Friday? I have a stupid tax tutorial from 1-2 and the only other option showing up when I go to module timetable is 4-5 on a friday!! I'm defo moving my 4 o'clock tutorial on a friday, feck that!!

But the 11 hours one week and 15 the next week is definitely class though!!

**Woohoo**

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Good because it looked like I'd a have to be in a couple of places at once, and my multi-tasking skills aren't that good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Feyy

Two 9am starts on monday and tuesday and monday is 6 hours while tuesday is 7.

Bastards! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

all I can tell you is I have a 10 am start on Mondays, other than that it's anyones guess. am only guessing as the 9am monday slot is subjects which I'm not taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Anyone have any idea how many hours for 1st year mech eng

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

I have a lab on friday ;[ So I have togo home straight after to work! But otherwise my timetables decent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

All my classes are smushed into Monday and Friday to the extent where I've got six hours straight on Monday but regardless woooo 2 day week! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Newbie 1st year here. (wow I feel so adult saying that :o)

Does anyone have a link to the BBS with French timetable?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Newbie 1st year here. (wow I feel so adult saying that :o)

Does anyone have a link to the BBS with French timetable?

Thanks.

just enter the course code on this page (maybe LM052)

http://www.timetable.ul.ie/course.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

There appears to be a clash on loads of mine. How does it work? I mean, there is a lab monday morning 0900-1000 but there is also a tutorial from 0900-1100 at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I think you get divided into different groups, it keeps the labs and tutorials small.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

9:00 to 18:00, that's a long day :( That can't be right can it?

http://www.timetable.ul.ie/course_res.asp

Is there no lunch breaks?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ha the semester im on erasmus and its so easy, would of had 16 hours a week with the easiest monday and tuesday and only 1 9am all week instead I'll be over in Austria were they start most days at 8am! Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

9:00 to 18:00, that's a long day :( That can't be right can it?

http://www.timetable.ul.ie/course_res.asp

Is there no lunch breaks?

I'm the same. 9-6 most days. There is only one day where I don't start at 9am (Thursday). I only have a few free blocks throughout the week!

mid wrote: »
    just enter the course code on this page (maybe LM052)

http://www.timetable.ul.ie/course.asp

Ooh that's new!!

anyhow, should be interesting to see how the timetabling system copes with the newbies considering you'll be the first batch with 8 digit ID numbers and the system only takes 7:pac:

Don't worry about the clash, Every timetabled class for the course will appear on the list, you'll only have to attend the ones with LEC in the middle of the second line and then one TUT and one LAB in the same position for each module (not all modules have LABs).

Modules are identified by the 2 letters and 4 numbers before the LEC or TUT on line 2.

BUSINESS NEWBIES

Pick and choose TUTs as you like. I suggest starting an excel file and putting as much stuff in blocks as possible to manage your free/study time better. I didn't get the hang of that until 4th year!! My loss!

Do NOT arrive late to the 9am Tuesday lecture with John Heneghan. You will be asked to leave. Do not use your phone or attempt to talk, you will be ridiculed on the first occasion and ejected from the lecture for subsequent breaches.

For Economics, the Dean (Head) of the Business School will be teaching you. It is recommended that you don't piss him off, as he has overall boss of all of the department heads. (He's a nice guy so it would be difficuklt to annoy him anyway, but some people just don't know when to shut up when dealing with him.)

Communications for Business sounds simple, but pay attention as it is a module based on detail, so the small stuff can really catch you. Incidentally, no other course is required to take such a module to my knowledge.

No idea what MI4007 is. I assume it's some IT module. Didn't exist in my day.

Same goes for MG4031, which I assume is some module that I had in 2nd or third year that has replaced the crap that was "Business and Society"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

ninty9er wrote: »
    Ooh that's new!!

anyhow, should be interesting to see how the timetabling system copes with the newbies considering you'll be the first batch with 8 digit ID numbers and the system only takes 7:pac:

Don't worry about the clash, Every timetabled class for the course will appear on the list, you'll only have to attend the ones with LEC in the middle of the second line and then one TUT and one LAB in the same position for each module (not all modules have LABs).

Modules are identified by the 2 letters and 4 numbers before the LEC or TUT on line 2.

BUSINESS NEWBIES

Pick and choose TUTs as you like. I suggest starting an excel file and putting as much stuff in blocks as possible to manage your free/study time better. I didn't get the hang of that until 4th year!! My loss!

Do NOT arrive late to the 9am Tuesday lecture with John Heneghan. You will be asked to leave. Do not use your phone or attempt to talk, you will be ridiculed on the first occasion and ejected from the lecture for subsequent breaches.

For Economics, the Dean (Head) of the Business School will be teaching you. It is recommended that you don't piss him off, as he has overall boss of all of the department heads. (He's a nice guy so it would be difficuklt to annoy him anyway, but some people just don't know when to shut up when dealing with him.)

Communications for Business sounds simple, but pay attention as it is a module based on detail, so the small stuff can really catch you. Incidentally, no other course is required to take such a module to my knowledge.

No idea what MI4007 is. I assume it's some IT module. Didn't exist in my day.

Same goes for MG4031, which I assume is some module that I had in 2nd or third year that has replaced the crap that was "Business and Society"

+1 DON'T mess with John Heneghan. If your late, domt bother going in. Trust me, I know.

MI4007 is Business Information Management. It was two different modules MI4001 and MI4002 since the course changed until now. Im not sure how this will fare out.

MG4031 is Management Principles. It can be tricky. A lot of the material will be from the book as the person who wrote it is the Head of the Management Department.

CarDriver wrote: »
    MG4031 is Management Principles. It can be tricky. A lot of the material will be from the book as the person who wrote it is the Head of the Management Department.
    Morley is head of Management now?? Excellent lecturer BTW

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭CarDriver

ninty9er wrote: »
    Morley is head of Management now?? Excellent lecturer BTW

Thats for sure. And a very nice man to meet outside of lectures aswell. He would always say hello.

Advertisement