Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton+Audigy I/O Cueing Problem

Options
  • 21-08-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi all i have ableton running with my sound blaster audigy platinum.. i can get the asio working as to where i can see all the stereo ouputs 1-20 i select outputs 1/2 and 3/4 then on the main screen i set cue out to 3/4 and master to 1/2 but the problem is im getting no cueing. ive tried swapping cue and master between all the available outputs but still cant get the cueing working.. any help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

first the obvious,
    is the cue volume knob turned up?

thought it was, so then your problem is with the soundcard, have you used the multi outs with any other software before?
    i use m-audio cards and they work without a bother,
    maybe try running mono outs?
    go to preferences, click the audio tab, output config button, are the outputs you want to use highlighted? if not, highlight them, then back to the io section of the master track, and select the relevant outputs.
    also check the soundcards routing, mine has a "mixdown" button which sums everything to the main outs, this is not what you want, think soundblasters call it "record what you hear" unselect it if its ticked.

hope this will have helped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Quiggers wrote: »
    first the obvious,
    is the cue volume knob turned up?

thought it was, so then your problem is with the soundcard, have you used the multi outs with any other software before?
    i use m-audio cards and they work without a bother,
    maybe try running mono outs?
    go to preferences, click the audio tab, output config button, are the outputs you want to use highlighted? if not, highlight them, then back to the io section of the master track, and select the relevant outputs.
    also check the soundcards routing, mine has a "mixdown" button which sums everything to the main outs, this is not what you want, think soundblasters call it "record what you hear" unselect it if its ticked.

hope this will have helped

Hey there, yes the volume is turned up. i also tried disabling the "what you hear" recording mix and still no luck.. i have cycled and swapped all the I/O's and still no joy.. its either both playing together through the speakers or both playing via the cue .. i mean it must be possible this was a pretty decent card few years back.. it has 20 stereo outputs like.. i have enabled all one by one swapping and changing the cue I/O and the master I/O.. i have also tried changing around the physical port which i plug the mixer/headphones into on the back of the soundcard.. below are some images of the things im using..

The front part of the card:

audigy4.jpg

The rear (mine has an extra line in this is the closet pic i could find):

audigy_card.jpg

And the manual section regarding the inputs:

blaster1.jpgblaster2.jpgblaster3.jpg

Advertisement