Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo Jacket card holder?

• 21-08-2009 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just took some group shots of a family occasion. I want to print 5 or 6 of them out and display them in individual card holders. I have seen photo holders made of card. It folds same as a greeting card. You insert the photo inside and there is a nice little border around the photo. So the photo gets protected inside the holder, saving it from dust and finger prints. As I only have 6 photos an album is out of the question and the above is ideal but there is only one problem:

Anyone know where to buy them online?

Heres what they look like:

The Outside:
    3840578401_eb5045d04f_o.jpg

The inside, the black is th ephoto & the grey part is the photo slotting behind the border:
    3841369392_c98cb75d9b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Would you not just get some photo greeting cards made up?? Sounds a lot easier to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

if you only want 5 or 6 would it just be easier to try your local photo shop? i used to work in a photo lab years ago and we sold these yokes - i'm sure there's a few places that still have a box or two of them hiding in the corner somewhere..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

These generally comes in boxes of 50 upwards. The last time I was in the fuji centre in Liffey Valley though they were selling the mounts individually so they may have had folders also so try there. Boots have greeting cards where you nsert the photo but the photo would be to the front. Otherwise someone around here my have a box with a couple to spare, the only ones I have are 8x10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i have 8*6 in stock

racheal is right they come in boxes of 50 generally

some of the photo labs sell them individually at a cost of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

daycent wrote: »
    Would you not just get some photo greeting cards made up?? Sounds a lot easier to me.

I want them a bit bigger than 5X7. So I would need larger than A4, about A3 and they are hard to make as the pic has to slot in, I could glue it but I want to be able to take it out.
    artyeva wrote: »
    if you only want 5 or 6 would it just be easier to try your local photo shop? i used to work in a photo lab years ago and we sold these yokes - i'm sure there's a few places that still have a box or two of them hiding in the corner somewhere..

I have tried a Harvey Norman shop near by but had no luck, there aint many photo shops around here.
    These generally comes in boxes of 50 upwards. The last time I was in the fuji centre in Liffey Valley though they were selling the mounts individually so they may have had folders also so try there. Boots have greeting cards where you nsert the photo but the photo would be to the front. Otherwise someone around here my have a box with a couple to spare, the only ones I have are 8x10.

Any chance you know how much 50 cost. I'd probably use that many over the years.
    stcstc wrote: »
    i have 8*6 in stock

racheal is right they come in boxes of 50 generally

some of the photo labs sell them individually at a cost of course

PM sent to ya.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Depending on the sizes you are talking around an average of €80 for 10x8 so the size you're looking for would be a bit bigger. Going by a price list I have here the largest from this partixular supplier is to fit a 12x10 print and would be 88 for a box of 50. I havent tried these ones myself yet so I cant quote the quality.

Advertisement