Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson xperia 1

• 21-08-2009 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Anyone got this phone?Im looking ofr vinfo on how to install a flash player on it to watch youtube etc on it and any other programs people might have that are great on this phone.
    Cheers in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

you can use the skyfire browser for watching video sites http://www.skyfire.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stueyc

you can use the skyfire browser for watching video sites http://www.skyfire.com/

Thankyou very much for this info.Much appreciated.
    Any other mobile programs anyone knows of for this phone would be great.Im new to this type of Smart phone.Thanks again drunkmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

I got it in xda-developers.
    Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=363692

You can also get a YouTube panel for the Xperia.

Have a look here for WM applications
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055632067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

The new beta version of Opera does it better IMO, not a fan of skyfire at all myslef

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

As mentioned above, XDA developers is fantastic for xperia x1 stuff. I am using a Firestorm ROM from there, has improved everything from wireless network connection to browsing.Buttons are custom designed for people whose fingertips aint 5x5 millimetres :) Lovely phone, as good as windows mobile is gonna get probably. Next upgrade for me will deffo be something android based though. Pocket media player is worth getting for it, plays all xvidx etz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

stueyc wrote: »
    any other programs people might have that are great on this phone.
    Cheers in advance .

What do you want to use it for.

SPB mobile shell might make navigation easier- might be worth checking out.

Or PointUI might be more your taste- it's free.

The Gmail java app is handy for basic email.

Google maps is handy for ad hoc mapping, finding POIs etc.

Google's Youtube mobile app

Yahoo Go is worth checking out- nice interface, integrates yahoo email, flickr, weather, news etc.

Pocket Express does something similar (includes flight times etc).

Kinoma Freeplay is a lovely multimedia manager- orb, flickr, shoutcast and plays whatever music, video is on your device.
    Lovely interface.

TCPMP is handy for playing video- most codecs.

Vtap- brilliant wikipedia and video app.

For satnav, Tomtom navigator should work fine.

For reading reference books, Tomeraider 3 works well.

Worldmate Pro might be useful if you travel- flight times etc.

All those java apps- BART (bus and rail times- doesn't seem to do dublin bus anymore though),
    Cabbage (could save you a fortune on texts)
    Eircom phone book and Golden Pages java apps.

There are Facebook and Twitter apps as well

Handy Converter- converts most units, currencies.

Edit: As mentioned, Skyfire and Opera Mobile and Opera Mini browsers are worth checking out as well.

Most should work on the Xperia. PM me if you need help with a specific app- might be able to help out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stueyc

thankyou to all wh have repied.some great apps there.cheers for that.
    looking for xp1 specific ganes links if anyone has any,tough to find on the net.a lot say they are compatable only to turn out not to be.Again thx lads for all your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

stueyc wrote: »
    thankyou to all wh have repied.some great apps there.cheers for that.
    looking for xp1 specific ganes links if anyone has any,tough to find on the net.a lot say they are compatable only to turn out not to be.Again thx lads for all your help

Sorry, not too up on my games tbh. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

M5 wrote: »
    The new beta version of Opera does it better IMO, not a fan of skyfire at all myslef

Does what better? Version 4.2 does not have full flash support, yes you can watch you tube mobile but that's all, skyfire is still the only browser if u want to watch video sites, latest version is a big improvement, I'm posting this via skyfire..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Does what better? Version 4.2 does not have full flash support, yes you can watch you tube mobile but that's all, skyfire is still the only browser if u want to watch video sites, latest version is a big improvement, I'm posting this via skyfire..

looking at youtube right now, an embedded video is running perfectly. Version 9.7 beta....

http://www.opera.com/mobile/

• Advertisement
Advertisement