Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

makeup prosthetics?

• 21-08-2009 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi there, So im visiting some friends and though how class would it be to get makeup prosthetics done on me like the show anonymous for example? would anyone know where you would get it done in ireland?

I be willing to spend abit but if its too dear I was thinking of getting a mask off a crowd like

http://www.merlinsltd.com

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The stuff done by the guys on Anonymous is foam latex and difficult enough to do. I'd say it's quite expensive and I dunno many people who are trained in Ireland to do it. You'd have to get your face cast and the mould made from them. If could find a model making student at IADT who might do it for ya.

I'd say stick with something cheap from on-line though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

robbing a jewelery store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Leah-G1

Check the makeup for film class in IADT....ring the college and try and talk to a ladt named Toni. She's the class tutor..she may be able to help. It will probably cost alot nd take alot of time though,your face will probably have to be cast and then the moulds made!best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Leah-G1 wrote: »
    Check the makeup for film class in IADT....ring the college and try and talk to a ladt named Toni. She's the class tutor..she may be able to help. It will probably cost alot nd take alot of time though,your face will probably have to be cast and then the moulds made!best of luck

Toni no longer tutors there (she retired this year). This year will see the make-up course being part of a degree in Production design so there won't be any make-up being done there for about 2 years!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Hey WannabePR,

If you can find a good make artist they will be able to do a reasonable job some some basic liquid latex and make-up.

I think though the better option might be to go with a latex mask, or if your really rich a silicone one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement