Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baltimore Beacon

• 21-08-2009 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Just some from a month or two ago at the Baltimore Beacon, West Cork C&C welcome

1. IMG_7393.jpg

2. IMG_7398.jpg

3. IMG_7404.jpg

4. IMG_7410.jpg

5. IMG_7411.jpg

6. IMG_7444.jpg

7. IMG_7463.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

last one is great. I love the bokeh on the sea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

1, 3 & 4 are too similar to me. 1 & 2 could be the same photo with different crops.
    But i like 2 & 7 on their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Thanks lads.
    1, 3 & 4 are too similar to me. 1 & 2 could be the same photo with different crops.
    But i like 2 & 7 on their own

That's true enough, I included too many here. I was wondering which version people prefer I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

daycent wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

That's true enough, I included too many here. I was wondering which version people prefer I suppose.

I that case no.2, but because i generally prefer landscape shots over portrait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Great images, my Dad grew up in Baltimore and we used to go every year, my abiding memory is of Blue Skies and that Beacon.

• Advertisement

Great images, my Dad grew up in Baltimore and we used to go every year, my abiding memory is of Blue Skies and that Beacon.

Thanks. It's one of my favourite places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Nice place alright, I lived in the area for a few years. I like the last one best.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

They're all really good but the last one is something special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Five is my favourite, love the tone of the photo. Did you use a filter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ajsp.

4 and 7 for me.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. No filters used Timay, some processing in Lightroom but nothing major on that shot AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

My favourite is the one of the 3 men standing by the beacon (are they guards???). Last one is a great pic but the object on the right is very distracting I find.

Some great pictures though. Well Done . . . .

mcgowaner wrote: »
    My favourite is the one of the 3 men standing by the beacon (are they guards???). Last one is a great pic but the object on the right is very distracting I find.

Some great pictures though. Well Done . . . .

They are indeed guards. Was careful not to be spotted taking a pic of them!

Advertisement