Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair pulling out of Manchester

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Er, except for all the jobs that the region loses because of it...

Ryanair are right in this case imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

Seaneh wrote: »
    Er, except for all the jobs that the region loses because of it...

Ryanair are right in this case imho.

The loss of jobs excepted.
    I hate them, i'm sorry but I utterly hate them and I'd love to see them getting their comeuppance. They have destroyed my soul on so many occasions. It'd be great to see an airline like Aer Arann coming in there and growing its operations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Pulling out of Feurteventura was the fault of the tourist board, pulling out of valencia was because unfair subsidies were given to a rival airline, cutting down at Stansted was the fault of the airport, as was cutting right down on flights from manchester.

the whole world must be against Ryanair, or they are doing something wrong.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you ran an airline and customer numbers were down to the extent that it was no longer profitable to run a route, what would you do... ;)

Dyflin wrote: »
    If you ran an airline and customer numbers were down to the extent that it was no longer profitable to run a route, what would you do... ;)

Yet they always waffle on about how small Aer Lingus is and how they "can't survive". They are in the same boat and yet Aer Lingus has no issue with the landing charges in Manchester.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Dyflin wrote: »

Pax numbers on their routes ex-MAN are not down too much. FR are just trying to get the most return on their routes by bullying airports to drop their fees. Most smaller airports must accept the terms demanded by FR,however MAN as a larger airport can afford to refuse to bow to the demands of FR.

Notice how FR aren't dropping the lucrative DUB-MAN route,I think its their 4th most profitable. How can that be when the fees at MAN are so high? And don't they call DUB a 'high charges' airport too?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

at least they wont have to listen:D to this

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Yet they always waffle on about how small Aer Lingus is and how they "can't survive". They are in the same boat and yet Aer Lingus has no issue with the landing charges in Manchester.
    They have no issue with it, is that right?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    They have no issue with it, is that right?

They're paying it aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

It was reported on another travel news (Travel gazette I think) site that the disagreement centred on FR refusing Manchesters offer of a 3GBP charge per departing passenger which seems to be great value given Manchesters position as a established and well connected airport.

Bear in mind that out of that 3 quid,all firefighting/rescue, security and airfield personnel have to be paid for aswell as upkeep and cleaning of the terminals etc so its not exactly an unreaonable charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cawley said not so long ago "they have a problem accepting anything thats not free at the moment...."...

unfortunately thats what happened at Shannon....paying 1 euro or whatever per pax then looking to milk the SAA by asking for free fees for the winter which they thankfully didnt give

Well I say fair play to manchester for givin them the 2 fingers anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They're paying it aren't they?
    I just want to clarify your statement.

They have no issue, is that correct?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I just want to clarify your statement.

They have no issue, is that correct?

Why don't you enlighten us. You obviously want to tell me i'm wrong. So go ahead and put your two cents in. I don't think my wording will compromise the subject matter of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 N2

Cawley said not so long ago "they have a problem accepting anything thats not free at the moment...."...

unfortunately thats what happened at Shannon....paying 1 euro or whatever per pax then looking to milk the SAA by asking for free fees for the winter which they thankfully didnt give

Well I say fair play to manchester for givin them the 2 fingers anyway!!

Commercial reality i'm afraid, i would have thought your "research" into long haul op's ex SNN would have confirmed that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

N2 wrote: »
    Commercial reality i'm afraid, i would have thought your "research" into long haul op's ex SNN would have confirmed that!

Was not "my" research but indeed thats true

Advertisement