Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfer WHV to toruist visa

Options
  • 21-08-2009 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im currently in Australia on a 1 year working holiday visa which expires on the 20th of November. I would like to stay a bit longer until maybe February on a holiday visa. What is the easiest way to organise this? I was thinking of flying to New Zealand for a week just before my visa expires and then return to Oz a week later on a 3 month holiday visa. is this easy to organise? what are the costs and conditions? Do i need to have flights out of Australia booked before i can obtain a basic holiday visa? any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Why not do fruitpicking and get a second year 457?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

ring the visa company as far as I know you can apply for the holiday visa whilst in Oz and no need to leave the country.

I know if you want to extend your 3month to 6 month you need a few weeks notice.
    it might be wort checking out
    www.immi.gov.au

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Ozeire

Yeah Brian as Brendan said why not apply for a Second Working Holiday Visa
    •have completed three months of specified work in regional Australia* while on your first Working Holiday visa (there is no requirement to do further specified work on the second visa)

You need to decided quick though as you need to do the work in the next 3 months ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I dont think you have to do just fruitpicking.... other types of work in a rural area counts as regional work.

For Example I have a friend who is working in Lithgow in the Blue Mountains as a Carpenter to qualify for the second year.

Advertisement