Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Core/Options still required error?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Stage 2 Core/Opt Req':100 Earned:0 Reg 09/10:50

But it's still saying "- Core / Options still required."

Is that right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 markj1

Yeah... I think you can only register to 50 core/option in a year but in stage 2 you'll need 100 over the two years... it's telling you you haven't finished next year's registration yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

I think so too. But next to all the level 3 modules there is no "Action" that I can take. I can't pick them, it's just like they're there to look at?

That's because you've taken 50... it stops you taking any more. I think if you could probably drop and pick another... if there's space on it.

But I'm still fully registered, even though it's saying I'm missing 50 credits? Because it won't allow me to register those 50 credits for 2010/2011.

That's normal?

Don't know about normal... The 100 credits thing is new... So I guess you need the other 50 but can't have them yet...

• Advertisement

Cheers for the help mark, will give the student desk a call at half 9 when they open just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ive got the same shizz going on...lemme know how the phone call goes will ya?

It's perfectly normal apparently - it'll keep saying in red "core/options still required" but it's just a quirk because they now count 2nd and 3rd year combined as stage 2. So the registration is fine and complete even though it says it isn't. Good system! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

for such a big college UCD really is shit with technology

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

I think I had the same problem. For me it was because I had to take a certain amount of core option modules, so I had to drop one and replace it with another core module :( boo

• Advertisement
Advertisement