Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GE Money giving incorrect information to Irish Credit Bureau

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Lemlin wrote: »
    Complaint is fully written out with all the inidviduals names on it. It is 8 pages long! I feel that strongly about this.

I've requested all the information off the file and the recordings too. I am sending it onto them by snail mail, email and fax.

If you are going to do it, do it right. Send it via Registered post. You will then KNOW they received it. A signature has to be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RangeR wrote: »
    If you are going to do it, do it right. Send it via Registered post. You will then KNOW they received it. A signature has to be taken.

I have asked them to ring and confirm with me when they have received the letter and are actioning it. I am also ringing the girl from complaints directly and getting her direct email and fax number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I have asked them to ring and confirm with me when they have received the letter and are actioning it. I am also ringing the girl from complaints directly and getting her direct email and fax number.

Oh... That's ok then. Because they have ALWAYS done what they have told you they would do :)

Come on, for the sake of a fiver, maybe less, and piece of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

This info shouldn't have gone onto the ICB in the first place and I'm going to make sure they think twice about making a hash of someone else's profile like this.

The thing is you won't make them think twice about this in future. Mistakes will always continue to happen, so long as humans are involved. You can huff and puff as much as you want and they can change the process so that each file gets checked by five people, but mistakes will still creep through.

Not excusing their response since the mistake was noticed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 patbrady877

Your lucky that they admitted their mistake straight away - a negitive on the ICB would ruin your chances on getting a mortgage for about 5 years....

I had a similar issue a few years ago and it took my lender over 6 months to get it sorted.

The only thing you could do is report the error to the ICB, if there was a number of errors from the same lender the ICB would be getting onto them...

• Advertisement

Your lucky that they admitted their mistake straight away - a negitive on the ICB would ruin your chances on getting a mortgage for about 5 years....

I had a similar issue a few years ago and it took my lender over 6 months to get it sorted.

The only thing you could do is report the error to the ICB, if there was a number of errors from the same lender the ICB would be getting onto them...

They've now sent me out information about their own mortgage services!!!

Aaaah, letter is ready to go. Sending it later today. Its eight pages long and I've asked a number of questions in it, as well as asking for all the recordings and notes from my file.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pennywise

They've now sent me out information about their own mortgage services!!

Thought they didn't do mortgages anymore ???

pennywise wrote: »
    They've now sent me out information about their own mortgage services!!

Thought they didn't do mortgages anymore ???

This was a letter saying I have 0 mortgage arrears!

Advertisement