Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baxi boiler timer issue

Options
  • 21-08-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Folks

I have a Baxi gas boiler (approx 2 years old). I have an issue with the time clock. Its the analog model with the 3 position switch, ie - off, clock or on. The mid postion is for setting the timer by pulling the little white segments outwards.
    Problem is that the clock keeps time perfectly, the on and off positions work as normal but if you have programmed for the mid position it doesn't work.
    I've already replaced the time clock with the exact same model and ensured to wire the new one exactly as before. This doesn't solve the problem.
    Should I replace the control board which is next in the circuit?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Ned this happend to me 3 times while the builder was on site. I got p1ssed off and bought my own clock and wired it in. Been working fine since!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ned03

Thanks Joey. Thing is I've already replaced the clock but it hasn't solved the problem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

If the timeclock is fitted on the boiler, it is illegal to work on it unless you are a RGI.

I would see it there is power out of clock once the timer switch is activated.

Advertisement