Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12V plugs in Van (like small cigarette lighter)

• 21-08-2009 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Ive one of these small 12V plugs in my van that id like to be able to use, its like a cigarette lighter socket but not quite as wide (the diameter is smaller)
    Is there a standard fitting i can get to stick into this??...or do i have to butcher it?
    What would be ideal would be an adaptor that would take a regular cigarette lighter.
    anyone know what im on about!!??
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Ah crap,

I had these bookmarked but they seem to be lost after I upgraded firefox...

... 10 minutes later ....

http://www.towsure.com/product/14427-Cigar_Plug_into_Hella_12v_Socket_Adaptor

Should do the job :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

I got one in Maplins... also saw them in charles camping at about treble the price which is normal enough for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

We sell them too , they're very cheap . They're fused too .

www.pathoranmotors.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Thanks lads, Aidan ill send u a PM, i need a few small parts and i see ye are adria dealers.
    Marty.

PM replied to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

You'll have to excuse my ignorance. But are these for supplying power from the leisure battery? Or is it when the van is hooked up to power?

Yep , for supplying battery power . Normally for a 12v TV .:)

Thank you Aidan. I wished I had asked that question last week. As I think I have blown my flat screen tv by running it directly from the cigarette lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Rolex, don't know if it will make you feel any better but it's just an "adaptor" yoke discussed here, 12v to 12v.
    Sorry to hear about your TV.

As Loobylou said , its just a connection . The TV shoudn't have blown... unless you've a problem with one of the charging circuits , either the mains one or the engine one .

• Advertisement

Someone told me that starting and stopping the engine while running the tv directly from the cigarette lighter. Causes a surge on starting and cutting off power from it like that is not good for the tv. Either way no tv but I'm wiser :)

yup , that'd do it . Did you check the fuse for the Cig lighter socket first though? and there is usually a fuse in the Cig lighter plug too.

Advertisement