Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN over Fibre Extender

• 21-08-2009 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get isdn to another location in a large building and the only cabling connecting the area's in fibre and then a mulitcore for telephones which is only using 1 pair for each telephone extension, the last time i did it i made a 2 headed cat5 cable and ran the isdn over via 2 unused telpephone points and then on the opp. end i made the same cable and it worked but i think using cat5 to fibre convertors would be a tidy and easier way of doing this.

Any one done this?

See here:
    http://www.vocality.com/isdn-over-fibre-converter/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

what are you transmitting over the ISDN? voice, data or video? what is your long term plan for this application in the building or are you only prepared for a short term soltion here?

reason I ask is becuase fibre has a helluva bandwidth - seems a bit wasteful to use it JUST on ISDN...and many shops are transferring to IP to carry everything...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Its a temp solution to get isdn to the other location for a radio station to broadcast so it will be voice and data over the isdn, the fibre is re ran already so no cost.

Advertisement