Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ian Dempsey - Embarassing!

• 21-08-2009 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭

Did anyone hear the phone call Iano made to Tony Fenton this moning? The background is that Andrea Corr is getting married today in Co. Clare and, since the Tone is a mate, he's obviously taken the day off to go to the wedding.

Ian cold called him this morning during, as it sounded, Tony's breakfast to ask where he was. Tony was guarded about his whereabouts and sounded surprised to get acall from Ian as he did say 'Shouldn't you be on the air right now'! Ian: 'Yeah, and you're on with me so don't do the usual thing...'. It went downhil from there with Ian going 'You were only on holidays a few weeks ago.. god everyone else is off too.. I've to do an extra hour next week cos D'Arcy's off' (I'm paraphrasing) and then 'God you're always on holidays... doing anything interesting... bit of golf maybe... are you in the West at the mo... met anyone famous in the last day or two, Bono, P. Harrington..'. I never thought I'd say this but I felt so sorry for Tony Fenton! The guy was on a day off, I don't think any of us would appreciate a call from one of our workmates at 8:10AM on a holiday, let alone one wanting you to spill the beans about your whereabouts or other details of your private life. Whoever had the idea of cold-calling the guy made sucha bad call because it was a total mess.

On the other hand, it's raised my opinion of Tony Fenton. I always thought he was a bit of a blagger and hanger on with the musical types. After today, it sounds like he's genuinely mates with these people and interested in both their right to privacy along with his own. Good man Tony! Ian, you're a twat!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I didn't get the feeling it was a cold call, it felt staged to me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Why don't these radio DJs just shut up and play bloody records*?

* I acknowledge that dates me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I didn't get the feeling it was a cold call, it felt staged to me.

Agree. Staged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

always liked tony fenton on my radio myself

hes a phoney but hes a real phoney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

irish_bob wrote: »
    always liked tony fenton on my radio myself

hes a phoney but hes a real phoney

Let's rename him Phoney Tenton :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

Tony Fagan is the name he uses in court...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Singer73 wrote: »
    Tony Fagan is the name he uses in court...
    And what court might that be...Kangaroo Court!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

So were ye listening to that guy doing the Coronation St. 'update'
    He was updating the listeners about the current stories etc. while impersonating their voices.
    I found him both informative and very funny, I would definitely not change the channel if that guy came on ever again.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

squonk wrote: »
    Did anyone hear the phone call Iano made to Tony Fenton this moning? The background is that Andrea Corr is getting married today in Co. Clare and, since the Tone is a mate, he's obviously taken the day off to go to the wedding.

Ian cold called him this morning during, as it sounded, Tony's breakfast to ask where he was. Tony was guarded about his whereabouts and sounded surprised to get acall from Ian as he did say 'Shouldn't you be on the air right now'! Ian: 'Yeah, and you're on with me so don't do the usual thing...'. It went downhil from there with Ian going 'You were only on holidays a few weeks ago.. god everyone else is off too.. I've to do an extra hour next week cos D'Arcy's off' (I'm paraphrasing) and then 'God you're always on holidays... doing anything interesting... bit of golf maybe... are you in the West at the mo... met anyone famous in the last day or two, Bono, P. Harrington..'. I never thought I'd say this but I felt so sorry for Tony Fenton! The guy was on a day off, I don't think any of us would appreciate a call from one of our workmates at 8:10AM on a holiday, let alone one wanting you to spill the beans about your whereabouts or other details of your private life. Whoever had the idea of cold-calling the guy made sucha bad call because it was a total mess.

On the other hand, it's raised my opinion of Tony Fenton. I always thought he was a bit of a blagger and hanger on with the musical types. After today, it sounds like he's genuinely mates with these people and interested in both their right to privacy along with his own. Good man Tony! Ian, you're a twat!

I'm in the knots...you know this was gift grub?? It was yer man Mario Rosenstock doing Tony Fenton. I thought it was hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

There is no excuse for Dempsey still having a job, he is, was and always will be an awful DJ with no charisma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

There is no excuse for Dempsey still having a job, he is, was and always will be an awful DJ with no charisma.

Still beating 2FM tho in the morning.

Advertisement