Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dropping resits

Options
  • 21-08-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I'm going into stage 2 arts and have 2 repeats the 2 repeats are electives so I can swap them. But me and my friend hit drop when we saw it today now its totally gone. What will happen with my 5 outstanding credits? will i get a chance to swap on Monday?

All advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

I'm going into stage 2 arts and have 2 repeats the 2 repeats are electives so I can swap them. But me and my friend hit drop when we saw it today now its totally gone. What will happen with my 5 outstanding credits? will i get a chance to swap on Monday?

All advice greatly appreciated.
    You will be able to substitute for another module, but that also means that you have to pay full fees for that module (ie. about 320 for an arts module, as opposed to 230 for a resit).
    However your grade won't be capped, and it'll appear as normal on your transcript.

I'm fairly sure that you'll be able to register for your required credits on Monday but I'm not certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

I have the same problem, failed an elective completely last year and didn't do the summer resit because it was only worth 30% and I wouldn't have passed the module even if I'd got 100% in it. I thought I could just take on an extra elective this year but it won't let me.

Advertisement