Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 5800 gets a face lift and lifetime navigation

• 21-08-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Nokia-5800-navigation-edition3-300x300.jpgNokia-5800-navigation-edition1-300x300.jpg

Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition

Nokia has unveiled a freshly tuned version of its debut touchscreen device, in the shape of the new Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition. Slated to saunter into pockets in the third quarter of 2009, this innovative incarnation of the 5800 comes pre-loaded with a lifetime of voice-guided Drive and Walk navigation licenses for your region.

Keenly tailored for taking you to where you need to be with minimal fuss, the 5800 Navigation Edition comes with all your guidance software set up, and as it comes with an in-box car charger and Nokia car kit, it has been designed to become your satnav savvy passenger in seconds.

The 5800 Navigation Edition is inked in the diary for the third quarter of 2009 and is estimated to cost 285 Euros before all the usual regional taxes and subsidies stuff.

Nokia_CR-103_01.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

cool. That's good for current 5800 users as it means nokia still have an interest in the handset. Here's hoping the next firmware release brings some nice updates, like kinetic scrolling and more importantly stability updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Also good because it should mean ordinary pre-facelift 5800's on the new and used market should become cheaper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Tried out the GPS on my v21 5800 and I must say I wasn't impressed with the lock-on speed at all.

Waaaaayy slower than my old N82. Like I thought the GPS wasn't working at all slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

aye, i had the same problem when using v2 firmware. It's improved a lot imho since updating to v3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Outside with everything on, no tall buildings or anything. Case off too.
    Glad to hear it's been fixed :)

Advertisement