Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jims home :)

Options
  • 21-08-2009 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Awww it was soooo nice to see Jim back in Eastenders last night. I always loved the character, was delighted to see him back.

Was Jim sick in real life that he had such a long break from the show? Great to see him back, Dot always seemed a little lost without him by her side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

He had a stroke in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

tk123 wrote: »
    He had a stroke in real life.

Ah rite. Hes actually looking great, always loved Jim, Im delighted hes back in it and fair play to him:) Always reminds me of my granda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i have real respect for dot aswell. afaik dot is 82. if thats true isnt that some going that she is able to remember lines and act very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Thought his first scene back was a bit dodgy. He did well tonight.. Hope he is not caused any undue stress in filming.

i have real respect for dot aswell. afaik dot is 82. if thats true isnt that some going that she is able to remember lines and act very well.

Wow I didnt realise she was that age. I thought it was really funny yesterday when she copped Gary taking the furry hand cuffs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

It was thought that he had 2 strokes but he only actually had the one. John Bardon is such a lovely man :)

angel01 wrote: »
    It was thought that he had 2 strokes but he only actually had the one. John Bardon is such a lovely man :)

Yea he really is, hes done really well to come back into the show. I wonder was that his own choice? He hasnt had too many lines the past 2 nights but it was real old school eastenders to have him back with Dot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I think its disgusting that he is back, he was a great actor and he is a genuine nice bloke but the man had a stroke he can't string a sentance together, its just really sad to see the man just going "yeah yeah yeah" anytime he is asked anything.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I think its disgusting that he is back, he was a great actor and he is a genuine nice bloke but the man had a stroke he can't string a sentance together, its just really sad to see the man just going "yeah yeah yeah" anytime he is asked anything.

Was it his chocie to come back though? I actually dont know. If he wanted to come back then fair enough, if he was forced then yes it is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

But eastenders should have the decency to say if you need the money here and pay him a wage. I don't see how he could of asked to come back it dosn't look like he is fit to say anything of the sort.

• Advertisement

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    But eastenders should have the decency to say if you need the money here and pay him a wage. I don't see how he could of asked to come back it dosn't look like he is fit to say anything of the sort.

I get ya, I did think it was great to see him back and fair play to him but Id hate to think he has to do it because hes that stuck for cash .

Advertisement