Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian TV on 53E & 40E on 80cm?

• 21-08-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

I'm just checking out the availability of Russian TV for someone. I've tuned in channels on 53E and 40E on a 1.5M, but I'm wondering if a small dish would be OK for these - I don't have an 80cm set up currently. Could anyone with an 80cm dish verify if they can receive the following?

53E - Going by signal readings, this one should be OK on 80cm
    11044 V 44950 (MPEG4 SD)

40E - The first transponder seems much weaker than the second.
    10967 V 22000 (MPEG4 SD)
    10995 V 22200 (MPEG4 SD)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

no use on 80cm, esp in rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Apogee

watty wrote: »
    no use on 80cm, esp in rain.

Did you get any signal lock at all, even on the 53E transponder? That looks quite strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

53E is too far east for me.
    Elevation about 9 degrees.

Less than 10 is difficult unless you in very RF quiet area and very open area.
    Azimuth 115 roughtly, ESE aprox.

The issue with 53E is building & Ground noise even in East Coast, rather than signal level. That's why you want a bigger dish and have it off the ground with a clear view. I'm probably blocked by my own house. (Dish on shed roof bottom of Garden).

40E is about 17 degree elevation.

I get Turksat on 42E Ok, some channels on it would work on a bin lid. Some very weak on 110cm. I should be able to get 40E, but 39E (Greek) is strong so you need a bigger dish as because we are so much west there is less than 1 degree azimuth and under 1/2 a degree elevation difference. The 110cm has much narrower beam than 80cm. When you are due north of 40E (in Eastern Europe), then azimuth difference is about 1.25 degree and virtually no elevation difference.

Advertisement