Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5800 or s8000

• 21-08-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Buying a phone at lunchtime but haven't a bog what to get. Like the 5800 but also really like the samsung s800 but a bit more pricey. I'd like to get the s8000 but would want to get an sd card with it.

Any opinions on both?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

i would go for the 5800, i have a s8300 and i hate it with a passion, thought it was the best phone ever, then things just started going wrong with it, never going to buy a samsung phone again. now im getting a n97.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would get the 5800 too, it's a great device, that seems to be getting better and better as new updates are released. I have to say i'm surprised at what it can do. I recently had my 5800 connected to my bluetooth stereo in my car, i was both listening to music from the 5800 and running the GPS at the same time and had no issues. It does have small faults, the browser has been a little unstable since the last update to firmware 3.0 but it's not too bad. And some people may not like the touch screen, but imo after a week or two you just get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wee update. I wennt with the 5800 :) Love it already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

allen175 wrote: »
    i would go for the 5800, i have a s8300 and i hate it with a passion, thought it was the best phone ever, .

I was the same .. spent €360 when it first came out and then sold it for €170 or something .. don't even remember as I wanted rid of it asap ..

Texting was a chore .. everything to five more taps than what was needed. I hope the Jet will be better ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭erinn

i have the jet and i love it...got it for €80 on vodafone update when it was ment 2 b €180 on update and €400 for prepay...but it came up on the till as €80 so i wasnt complaining! :D

but it is really good...one thing thats annoying me tho is that the disk wont load onto my pc...ends up it dont work in Ireland!!! whats the deal with that i dont know but you can still put stuff on it from your pc like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I have an S8300 but I'd go for the Nokia, Samsung have battery and firmware issues.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

allen175 wrote: »
    i would go for the 5800, i have a s8300 and i hate it with a passion, thought it was the best phone ever, then things just started going wrong with it, never going to buy a samsung phone again. now im getting a n97.

And I had exactly the same with the 5800, great in the beginning, but nothing but problems now. Got a second hand Blackberry which will mean the end of the 5800

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

erinn wrote: »
    can still put stuff on it from your pc like!

You can just Drag and Drop to the memory card.

You just attach the phone to your PC via USB and choose 'Mass Storage' on the phones screen.

Then right click on 'Computer' and select 'Open' .. you will have access to the memory card there.

Or you could use a memory card reader.

Either way you can then Drag n Drop files onto the card ..

Advertisement