Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with thechicken

Options
  • 21-08-2009 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm making a chicken casserole this evening but I'm wondering about after I've made it how do I store it?

I'm hoping it will do me a few days so do I put it in the fridge (in casserole dish) & then keep reheating

Or just leave it in casserole dish on stove

Or something else..

I'm new to this cooking malarky!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Put it in the fridge, and if you're going to leave it in the casserole dish - might be good to cover it with cling film. Then take what you want FROM the dish to reheat, over the next few days. Not the whole dish - if you get me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

I see.

Is it not ok to just leave in the casserole dish on stove & reheat as neccessary?

If I put the dish in the fridge then I have nothing to heat up the casserole in. (only have one casserole dish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

put it in the fridge or you'll end up with gone off chicken!! What I would normally do is transfer leftovers to a plate or bowl, cover with cling film and store in fridge. When I want some, I take just the portion I want and reheat in microwave or on cooker depending what it is :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Much nicer reheated in a saucepan in my opinion. I especially love curries on the second or third day, usually better than the day they are made!

Don't reheat the whole thing multiple times :eek: Just what you need each day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alabamawhurley

Ok gotcha thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I see.

Is it not ok to just leave in the casserole dish on stove & reheat as neccessary?

If I put the dish in the fridge then I have nothing to heat up the casserole in. (only have one casserole dish)

You could portion it out into those plastic containers you get Chinese take-away in? Or even pop it into zip-lock bags (can be messy).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You could just reheat each portion in a small pot on the stove.

if you keep reheating and cooling it like you said you WILL make yourself sick.

Advertisement