Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The black tie issue

Options
  • 21-08-2009 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

My birthday is just around the corner and i have a white shirt with a black tie i would like to wear. The issue is that i dont wanna be mistaken for headin to a wedding and/or funeral. Is a white shirt black tie acceptable for a drunken night out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fantaman wrote: »
    My birthday is just around the corner and i have a white shirt with a black tie i would like to wear. The issue is that i dont wanna be mistaken for headin to a wedding and/or funeral. Is a white shirt black tie acceptable for a drunken night out??
    You answered your own question here when you said "I would like to wear". If you want to wear it then wear it. :)
    If it were me I'd be sure to keep the tie fastened properly all night. What are you thinking of wearing with the shirt?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

What's the harm in wearing that combo? As long as the rest of the lads aren't all dressed in slacks and making at least a bit of effort then who cares.
    I wore a white shirt, black tie out last Saturday with a grey suit jacket I like (skinny black jeans, not pants I should add so as to not sound like I'm dressed for a wedding) and it got some attention. A girl smiled at me at the bar and approached me, joking that I was over dressed for the club I was in. Then she bought me drinks for the rest of the night.

Try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fantaman

Ha yeah ive lost a few ties to female casualties. Thanks for the comment

It would be with black pants to so it would look quite formal. Yeah hopefully theyll make the effort too. Thanks

OldGoat wrote: »
    You answered your own question here when you said "I would like to wear". If you want to wear it then wear it. :)
    If it were me I'd be sure to keep the tie fastened properly all night. What are you thinking of wearing with the shirt?

Ya yeah ive lost a few ties to female casualties! I was gonna wear a black pants with it too thats about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement