Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Days On the Drink

• 21-08-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

So I was watching RTE last night and they had a story about some young lad who went on the piss for 3 days and his liver is failing now. Does anyone else know anything about this story because I find it hard to believe your liver would fail after 3 days ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

I saw that News story aswell, the lad from Derry wasn't it?

Ya, I was worried for a bit because there have been time where I've been drinking for 3 days. I reckon the lad either had liver problems before this or had an underlying problem, because I fail to see how a weekends drinking could f**k you up that badly...

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

Well I was thinking about it myself, Im sure we have all had week long benders whenever we went on Holidays.

Nuravictus wrote: »
    Well I was thinking about it myself, Im sure we have all had week long benders whenever we went on Holidays.

Or Bank Holidays...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

I have a 5 week one planned for Sept/October.Eeeeeks! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Nuravictus

carbsy wrote: »
    I have a 5 week one planned for Sept/October.Eeeeeks! :eek:

Getting your bear in Aldi :P or your a rich git :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

“Most people in this sort of situation get a yellow card, they get a chance to put things right, but my son has got a straight red card and that’s not fair,” he said.

Aye - I can agree with that sentiment alright, it's a stinger for the son. Could happen to anyone really, the only way you find out if you'll survive is do it and see...but no-one thinks it'll happen to them.

Getting your bear in Aldi :P or your a rich git :)

lol It starts in Singapore ... they have Aldi there? ;)

carbsy wrote: »
    lol It starts in Singapore ... they have Aldi there? ;)

Sure there's an Aldi in Singapore, but she's a middle-aged stripper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Ah there has to be something underlying there.Maybe he drank meths or something dumb like that.
    In my 3rd year in college I did 5 days solid during rag-week.

Started on Sunday night and finished on Friday morning at some stage.

Vodka's were a euro a shot in various bars during the week as well as pitchers of Fosters or Tennents for €2.50.

I wasnt right for a week.

Besty used down 2 or 3 bottles of voddy a day and look how long he lasted.

• Advertisement

nedtheshed wrote: »

Vodka's were a euro a shot in various bars during the week as well as pitchers of Fosters or Tennents for €2.50.
    :eek:

Please tell me it was in Galway...

Aldi do full bottles of voddy (700cl - 37.5%) for €14.99 and it's splendid stuff.Distilled a zillion times, appanently. ;) It's name escapes me now.

P.S. Didn't mean to turn the thread into a 'how to destroy your liver in 30 days'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I don't think this is what the OP had in mind for this thread :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055657063

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement