Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Xbox Controllers/cables?

• 21-08-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Had a break in during the week, and in thier haste while nicking the stuff the idiots bagged the cables and controllers.....yet not the xbox(original) thank god

ive rang around and game,gamestop,hmv and smyths etc all no longer have original xbox stuff stocked, and ordering them online isnt an option

so if anyone here has, or knows somebody that would have a controller and cables they could sell me it would really make my day

thanks a million, hopefully somebody can help out :confused:

(limerick based)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bacon bites

I could help you out on that one, have 2 contollers and a few cables, can't rem which ones, have them boxed away somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

Bacon Bites you are a HERO! Thanks for replying, Its the power lead and controller they got off with, if thats what you have that would make my day! are you in/near limerick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hey man i have one ur free to take away. Save me trippin over it :D
    Im in Limerick! PM me to arrange if u still want it!

hey blue macaveli! thanks for the reply!,

tried to IM you there but i think you might have non contacts blocked as the message is getting refused?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The power lead is just a standard mains power lead like this:

http://www.recycledcomputerspares.co.uk/catalog/images/fig8uk18.jpg

Should be able to pick them up in any hardware/electrical shop. I'd love to help with the controllers but I only have one myself :(

• Advertisement

I didnt know you could just use any! thats savage, thanks for the advice atavan, all i need is a controller so

thanks again :)

(Just tried it there, works!! nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Neilor

@zing zong: Be careful using a standard cable, the original xbox had a flakey power connector ... to overcome it they had a replacement program where they would send you a sort of surge protector cable for free.

If you hear any crackling noise when hooking it up then you probably have a dodgy connector. It's a quick resoldering job to fix it, any AV/PC repair shop can fix it.

hey neilor thanks for the advice man, sounds ok so far, but ill still keep my eyes open for an original power connection if i can, to be on the safe side

Advertisement