Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show for Secondary School Boys

Options
  • 21-08-2009 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

My wife has to put on a school show in a Secondary Boys School. This is the first year its being done and she's looking for show ideas that would suit? Anyone got any ideas on what show she could get them to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

They could do songs of the Beatles (loads of harmony in them)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭balliali

Hot Mikado, West side story have been done locally in Transition Year in All Boys school

Try to find something which won't require too many of the lads to don drag outfits. If it was me I would go with soemthing a little different, Reefer Madness perhaps or even Dr Horrible. Both would be pretty easily done and would be a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 moiragannaire

Try to get a nearby girls school to provide a few girls for the female parts, saves a lot of bother. Id say West Side Story, or Back to the 80s is another one I've seen staged by a boys school very successfully. Also The Wiz goes down well! All of these have a fair few boys parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

This is true, a few schools around my area do that - mix with a nearby girls school to do a play -- obviously only if it's possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Pirates of Penzance is done quite regularly with an all-male cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pubgirl

Joseph and the amazing technicolour Dreamcoat has only 2 girls required and the Narrator could easily be a man. Therefore only Pharoah's wife needs to be Female. You could always cast a teacher if desperate!!

Advertisement