Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being stalked?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Where does all the sane women hang out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lycopodium123

mollzer wrote: »
    she initially said she had never been with a woman before. We dated for a bit but she got very OTT. Later it turned out she had lied to me initially and that she had been with another woman (said it had slipped her mind ! ya right).

that is HILLARIOUS!!!! WTF?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

carly_86 wrote: »
    Where does all the sane women hang out

I'd also like to know the answer to that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'd also like to know the answer to that :pac:

it's not just the 'sane' women who are in hiding...............its the non cliched women.........the one's who are just 'normal' women, who like being women, dressing like women, behaving like women, and who being gay is just a minor detail, it doesn't have to define their every thought process or activity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

it's not just the 'sane' women who are in hiding...............its the non cliched women.........the one's who are just 'normal' women, who like being women, dressing like women, behaving like women, and who being gay is just a minor detail, it doesn't have to define their every thought process or activity.

I think its the same in the gay male world - none of them sane, serious....crazy issues with most of em! Take comfort in knowing that ye are not alone :)

renraw wrote: »
    Take comfort in knowing that ye are not alone :)

and yet the irony is......................I am !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

and yet the irony is......................I am !

Ditto :(

Methinks this Queer Beers needs to be organised soon :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lycopodium123

Couple of weeks ago I met up with and had lunch with a girl I met off a dating site after a few days emailing. After we met I got a flood of emails and texts from her telling me how gorgeous I was and how she wanted to spend "special moments" with me and basically, wanted a relationship and got a "great vibe" off me. She wanted to meet me again the next day and I thought it would be a good opportunity to put things straight, as quite honestly, she doesn't attract me at all. Which I did.

Trouble is after saying it a 2nd time in person after this, I think this lady thinks she's in love with me and I get a lot of text messages and uninvited telephone calls (which I don't answer) despite having told her not to ring me during working hours. A couple of days ago I told her the text messages were too much, it would have to stop, and I thought it was the end of it. Luckily she doesn't know where I live, only has my personal mobile number, and doesn't have my personal email address. I closed my account on the dating site I met her on to stop her emailing me also there.

However today I got a text, and a phone call a couple of hours later. I haven't answered but I'm just a little worried now that the message hasn't gone out strongly enough and how far she's likely to go in pursuit. I thought that a silence would make a difference but I'm beginning to realise that her relentless pursuit is nothing much to do with how I respond or not, but the delusions she has in her head about me, and I'm worried about how long this could go on for. I'm a bit nervous as really I don't know much about this woman, and she seems rather intense. She's never been with a woman so I think she's transferred years of fantasising onto me, and doesnt want to let go.

Any suggestions, aside from ignore all attempts to contact me?

any updates for us OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

Still no sign of OP ...wonder has the stalker up'pd the campaign...hope im wrong :eek::eek::eek:

So yes indeed it looks like no-one is perfect be it in the straight world or the gay world so girls as Renraw says we are not alone. So we can all take solace in that fact. Still doesnt make it any easier tho. Which is a pity really cause we are simple creatures at the end of the day and i speak for myself and i'm sure loads of others when i say.....we are striving towards a common goal and that is to be truly loved by someone deserving of us.

Deep eh:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thank you all for your interest.

The good news is that after about a week of constant texts (almost all ending in the word "please") and almost daily (uninvited) phone calls, I got a message saying she understood that I wasn't interested in friendship (what exactly her interpretation of friendship is was the problem as it became clear from the kind of messages I was getting was her idea of friendship was somewhere between a therapist and somebody she might snog). She took about a week of silence from me to figure that out, unfortunately. It was worrying, as really, I don't know this girl and as a result I was afraid if I responded that she'd just keep going with it.

It was pretty horrible for a few days and I kinda felt guilty, hence for posting on here.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I found out today if you're on O2 you can now block unwanted text messages (but not calls) which might be helpful for some people. I had to close my account on the dating site but it wasn't one I used much.

I guess the moral of the story is that silent treatment eventually does work. Lucky for me she doesn't have enough information on me (maybe because she didn't really listen to me) to find my home phone number or address (which she could have) so I'm lucky things worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

10 years ago I was a really bad girl and took a girl (well I was so parlatic I didn't notice until halfway home she was at least 15 years older than me) home. We were nearly at my place when she started telling me all these stories that were really obviously untrue (they largely related to the fact that she'd been married, had a large number of kids, and all of them were in care). Oh and yes, it turned out she was technically homeless and living in a B&B in town.

Whoops.

Well being the really really bad girl I was I let her come back to mind and shagged anyway, but the following morning she wanted to meet again and wanted my phone number. Well I figured there was just NO WAY, she could turn out to be serious trouble with a T. So I arranged to meet her (she'd also let slip she was barred out of every other gay bar in Dublin) at Out on the Liffey on the following Friday and gave her my mobile with 1 digit incorrect and hoped to hell that she wouldn't be able to find my home address again.

Well the week went by and a bunch of gay male friends were physically assaulted by this woman who when I didn't show up on Friday was in a total rage. Needless to say, I never went to Out on the Liffey ever again, and I've never taken home anybody I wasn't actually interested in.

You see, I told you I was a bad girl and dirty slut.

PS did go to Kiss but it was not great - Academy really is a horrible venue, don't blame the Kiss organizers as obviously beggars can't be choosers.

shoegirl wrote: »
    We were nearly at my place when she started telling me all these stories that were really obviously untrue (they largely related to the fact that she'd been married, had a large number of kids, and all of them were in care). .
    Oh god...it sounds similar to my stalker story except she was one of those kids :eek: :eek: :eek:

shoegirl wrote: »
    PS did go to Kiss but it was not great - Academy really is a horrible venue, don't blame the Kiss organizers as obviously beggars can't be choosers.

Have not been to kiss at the academy. Anyone been to CAKE ...whats the view?? So were there any nice femme hot girls of the non-stalker type there for you or your mates no :):rolleyes:??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Cake is Brill!! totally recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Is the whole stalker thing actually true? I thought that was just a stupid stereotype :eek:

Aoifums wrote: »
    Is the whole stalker thing actually true? I thought that was just a stupid stereotype :eek:

I think 'stalker' is in most cases a pretty strong word. it's more a case of certain lesbians who tend to become instantly infatuated/devoted/obsessed. It's almost like they think that just because you're a lesbian and she's a lesbian, that mere fact, should be enough to build an instant committed relationship on....three days after you first meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

That sounds... delightful :(

I think 'stalker' is in most cases a pretty strong word. it's more a case of certain lesbians who tend to become instantly infatuated/devoted/obsessed. It's almost like they think that just because you're a lesbian and she's a lesbian, that mere fact, should be enough to build an instant committed relationship on....three days after you first meet.

Well said :)

Fancy That wrote: »
    Well said :)

ta very much....................p.s. will you marry me?:D;)

ta very much....................p.s. will you marry me?:D;)

....only if you wear the tux :D:D:D;)

• Advertisement

lol, i couldn't possibly............because i'm the femme one but mainly because in best stalker style i've already bought my vera wang number. it's hanging in my closet, beside my shrine dedicated to you, montage photos taken when you least expected it !!!!BOO:eek::eek::eek::eek:

lol, i couldn't possibly............because i'm the femme one but mainly because in best stalker style i've already bought my vera wang number. it's hanging in my closet, beside my shrine dedicated to you, montage photos taken when you least expected it !!!!BOO:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Vera Wang lol...aren't we very fancy and organised ..did you pick it up in the Macys when you went over to purchase some of those 'stalkerie' type gadgets those mad americans developed....i.e. keystroke recognition thingys.....:eek:!!!

....p.s. i hope those pictures of me are of my good side :D

Vera Wang lol...aren't we very fancy and organised ..did you pick it up in the Macys when you went over to purchase some of those 'stalkerie' type gadgets those mad americans developed....i.e. keystroke recognition thingys.....:eek:!!!

....p.s. i hope those pictures of me are of my good side :D

No!!!! vera wangs in limerick............she's one of the moyross wangs ! €39.99 in the sale !

oh yeah, voice distortion software, bugging equipment, the works!
    night vision goggles to watch you while you sleep are my particular fave !
    i've super-imposed my head onto photos of you and your sister so it looks like we're a couple in various poses ! we're a lovely looking pair ..........our kids will be gorg !:D

No!!!! vera wangs in limerick............she's one of the moyross wangs ! €39.99 in the sale !

oh yeah, voice distortion software, bugging equipment, the works!
    night vision goggles to watch you while you sleep are my particular fave !
    i've super-imposed my head onto photos of you and your sister so it looks like we're a couple in various poses ! we're a lovely looking pair ..........our kids will be gorg !:D

....yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy my own professional stalker always wanted a pro enough of this amateur texts and phonecalls stuff...in saying that, any chance of some heavy breathing down phone and a few texts telling me how horrible i am cause i got drunk and danced with your friends all night long lol..:D:D

And maybe next time you go shopping in sales we could go together and get matching dresses...and maybe even matching hair do's....:D

Ah yes how easy it is to pick out the couples in BT's on a Saturday afternoon....No disrespect intended

....yaaaaaaaayyyyyyy my own professional stalker always wanted a pro enough of this amateur texts and phonecalls stuff...in saying that, any chance of some heavy breathing down phone and a few texts telling me how horrible i am cause i got drunk and danced with your friends all night long lol..:D:D

And maybe next time you go shopping in sales we could go together and get matching dresses...and maybe even matching hair do's....:D

Ah yes how easy it is to pick out the couples in BT's on a Saturday afternoon....No disrespect intended

Hair do's?!!!!!!!!! what makes you think i have hair? it impedes with my balaclava and i do like to show of my swastika tattoos ! i'm a catch in fairness !

Hair do's?!!!!!!!!! what makes you think i have hair? it impedes with my balaclava and i do like to show of my swastika tattoos ! i'm a catch in fairness !

A fine catch alright.....how come you haven't been snapped up already....jez people must not recognise a fine catch when they see one.....love is blind and all that lark :D

A fine catch alright.....how come you haven't been snapped up already....jez people must not recognise a fine catch when they see one.....love is blind and all that lark :D

I'm Fecked if i know ! but for some reason people seem to take issue with my finger tats.......i mistakenly thought it was a good idea to get all my exes initials tattoed on my knuckles..........in hindsight it wasn't the best idea i ever had ... given that my exes are;
    Fiona
    Una
    Caroline
    Katie
    Yentl
    Orla and
    Una (i liked una !)

(thankfully the loss of three fingers in a bar fight since then means i no longer easily offend !)

I'm Fecked if i know ! but for some reason people seem to take issue with my finger tats.......i mistakenly thought it was a good idea to get all my exes initials tattoed on my knuckles..........in hindsight it wasn't the best idea i ever had ... given that my exes are;
    Fiona
    Una
    Caroline
    Katie
    Yentl
    Orla and
    Una (i liked una !)

(thankfully the loss of three fingers in a bar fight since then means i no longer easily offend !)

...good job you didn't have a Michelle and an Emer in the mix of ex's because having those two initials on your knuckles could have gotten you into alot of compromising situations...lol....:D:D:D:D:D

...good job you didn't have a Michelle and an Emer in the mix of ex's because having those two initials on your knuckles could have gotten you into alot of compromising situations...lol....:D:D:D:D:D

The scariest thing about that comment is that i do actually have michelle and emer !!!!! seriously ! you stalker you !

• Advertisement

The scariest thing about that comment is that i do actually have michelle and emer !!!!! seriously ! you stalker you !

Ah yes...glad to see i havent lost my touch...;)

Now where did i put those night vision goggles i stole from mylatest victim.......!!

Advertisement