Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being stalked?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

lol yeah thats the problem with staking out someones house......eventually you have to get out of the car to pee ! and some scheming little shyster robs your perving gear ! can trust no one these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 high beam

Thank you all for your interest.

The good news is that after about a week of constant texts (almost all ending in the word "please") and almost daily (uninvited) phone calls, I got a message saying she understood that I wasn't interested in friendship (what exactly her interpretation of friendship is was the problem as it became clear from the kind of messages I was getting was her idea of friendship was somewhere between a therapist and somebody she might snog). She took about a week of silence from me to figure that out, unfortunately. It was worrying, as really, I don't know this girl and as a result I was afraid if I responded that she'd just keep going with it.

It was pretty horrible for a few days and I kinda felt guilty, hence for posting on here.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I found out today if you're on O2 you can now block unwanted text messages (but not calls) which might be helpful for some people. I had to close my account on the dating site but it wasn't one I used much.

I guess the moral of the story is that silent treatment eventually does work. Lucky for me she doesn't have enough information on me (maybe because she didn't really listen to me) to find my home phone number or address (which she could have) so I'm lucky things worked out.

Reading this thread is kinda funny. We all have some agenda with other halves ...the old saying thats life.

Silent treatment always works. Lets hope she doesn't re-appear after the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Fancy That

high beam wrote: »

Silent treatment always works. Lets hope she doesn't re-appear after the week.

...and today is Friday pay day for most people...time to buy some credit!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 shannone

ok, re your 1st point - there's a word for people like that......lol

and I couldn't possibly tell my story here......what if one of you lot were her??!!!! (although, you can spell most words correctly, so I'm guessing you're not, lol!)

I'm in the east......

was your stalker from Cork by any chance? my friend had a stalker frm Cork (still txts her i think) they met on gaydar
    she couldnt spell for buttons! she went to colage instead of college as far as I remember
    she wanted house and marriage from my friend, pity she looked like a shovel had hit her in the face and the stalker tendencies lol :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

I've had this problem too, not so much stalking. I wouldn't say it was that bad but being pestered to the point where I worried for this person's sanity. How can some people be so clueless as to how they're coming across!

I didn't meet her for ages, just online stuff at first. Then numbers got exchanged for non-romantic reasons (I wasn't remotely attracted to her) and we ended up meeting in a non-romantic way, but she took it upon herself to text incessantly with mundane sh!te daily until she lost my number and then started emailing non-stop asking for my number again.
    ......Did someone say something about giving out numbers with a missing digit?? I've done that before:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 FuzzyWool

I had a similar experience except it was with a girl I knew as an acquaintance.. I never fancied her, but one night when I was pretty drunk I ended up chatting to her in a dark corner and she lobbed the gob on me. She invited me to a house party, which my gaymanfriendo insisted on coming to (mainly to stop me from making a mistake) and 'twas all fun and kissing and more drinking until I decided to leave with my mate. She was very insistent on trying to make me stay, even following us up the street and pulling on my arm to make me come back.. and also being quite cheeky to my mate telling him to go home!! How she thought this behaviour would make me want to stay and shag her is beyond me.. Anyway I managed to make it home alone.

A few evenings later, she texted me asking to meet for a drink. I agreed as I'd often been out for a drink with her before.. stupidly didn't realize she would see this as a date!! Straight away she came on strongly, so I gave her the "well I'm not interested because I've just come out of a serious relationship" shtick.. Wouldn't take no for an answer. Ended up just kissing her again because she was hassling me so much. So shot myself in the foot again. For weeks I ignored her texts and calls.. I was working in a department store, and she started calling into it all the time. I would literally be telling my coworkers to cover for me and would run and hide from her!! It was well over a month before she stopped texting me like a crazy yoke. After a while, started to see her out and about, and we both acted like nothing had ever happened, which suited me fine. Looking back I know I probably lead her on a bit by kissing her the second time, but jeeeezus sometimes a kiss is really just a kiss. That's only one stalker story.. I think most lesbians have a few:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭lycopodium123

oh how wonderful, i just found out that my stalker has just joined a club that I used to belong to......is this chick for real?!!!!
    seriously, I'm just so sick of it......shoot me!

just a quickie.................this is THREE years on............

just a quickie.................this is THREE years on............

is there a statute of limitations on stalking ? i dont't think there is, although i'll have to refer to the terms and conditions in my stalkers handbook ! .......but if she just applied for a dunnes stores club card i feel you're over reacting slightly :D;)

but if she just applied for a dunnes stores club card i feel you're over reacting slightly :D;)

Ah, that made me laugh!

No, unfortunately its a bit closer to home than Dunnes! It's a team I used to play for and was considering going back to this season, but alas, twas not meant to be!!!!
    Apparently she's asking all the girls for my number, where I live, if I still drive the same car, what I'm doing these days, you know, all the usual "casual" questions you ask a bunch of strangers about someone you knew 3 years ago.......
    Of course, they all know the story and at first no-one realised who she was........until the crazy interest in moi didn't stop and one of the girls asked how she knew me and she said "oh, she's my ex......"
    I never went out with her, I kissed the girl twice (and she wasn't even any good at that!), ended up with a black eye, was lied to and harassed for MONTHS afterwards, was lied ABOUT for years afterwards and now she joins my fekkin sports team.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and there's even MORE of the story that I'll leave out for now!)

3 words -

single

white

female (altough, this is questionable, judging the fekkin state of her)

big heifer

• Advertisement

the big heifer bit wasn't part of the 3 words (just in case anyone thinks I can't count!).....that just went in in a fit of rage and disgust

Ah, that made me laugh!

I never went out with her, I kissed the girl twice (and she wasn't even any good at that!), ended up with a black eye, was lied to and harassed for MONTHS afterwards, was lied ABOUT for years afterwards and now she joins my fekkin sports team.........!!!!!!!!!!

Is she like 12 cause she's acting like it :eek: And this is 3 years on and ye only ahd a few kisses.....You must be a fine catch in fairness....:D

She sounds a bit dangerous considering she gave you a black eye...or did you walk into a door!! I think the best course of action here is to leave her off...ignore her because she is going to alot of bother to get a reaction or even an 'Hello' out of you....i'm sure your team will see through her and with that she might feccck off!!

Some dose though........:eek:

oh god, dangerous isn't the word! you don't know the half of it!
    I actually thought that it was all over and done with at this stage - silly me, I can be so stupid at times :D

Ah, that made me laugh!

, I kissed the girl twice ended up with a black eye,

You're obviously not doing it right !

You're obviously not doing it right !

Hilarious....:D:D I kissed a girl and i liked it....
    ....lightens up the topic a little....:D:D

What a physco tho....does she live near you...like do you see her when you go out on scene? I couldn't handle that every weekend!

I mean i spotted my stalker some 4/5times in several odd years and at that i tremble and nervously drink faster:rolleyes:....jez even talking about it makes my stomach sink :eek:

yeah, I thought it was a bit odd alright when she started head-butting me half way through.....but just figured all cows kissed like that....or that she coudln't help it cos her head was too heavy for her to control!
    I am seriously pissed off though.....

Fancy That wrote: »

What a physco tho....does she live near you...like do you see her when you go out on scene?

I've no idea where it lives. I spotted it out for the first time since all that happened 3 years ago the last time I was out. I don't know if she saw me, I suspect she did, hence the sudden re-interest. Kept a very low profile and didn't stay long.
    Psycho!

this is what else she's been up to (just so ya's get the gist!)

One of the girls on the team was saying to another girl that she was going to X bar (straight) on X night to meet up with her friends from college, so off she goes and meets them, having a grand ole time and in walks the heifer and goes "I heard you saying to "Anne" at training the other night that you were coming here tonight, you don't mind if I join you, do you?!"

TOTAL FREAK!!!!!!

I am seriously pissed off though.....

I'm hearing you...i would be fairly peed myself...hopefully she wont be able to run the length of herself, wont get on with anybody and then leave...wishfull thinking eh!! Has she played sport with any other team before or is this a new found interest?

If it were me i would leave her be and not even look sideways at her....

You know you were saying you were thinking of going back joining?? Do you think she got wind of this ....its a bit of a coincidence that she joined now...:confused:

I'm hearing you...i would be fairly peed myself...hopefully she wont be able to run the length of herself, wont get on with anybody and then leave...wishfull thinking eh!! Has she played sport with any other team before or is this a new found interest?

If it were me i would leave her be and not even look sideways at her....

You know you were saying you were thinking of going back joining?? Do you think she got wind of this ....its a bit of a coincidence that she joined now...:confused:

Totally! I was saying it a few weeks ago to a few people I know and one of those girls (that I was talking to) kinda half knows her.....

never in her life has she been into sport! I doubt she could even run an errand let alone a pitch!

"I heard you saying to "Anne" at training the other night that you were coming here tonight, you don't mind if I join you, do you?!"

TOTAL FREAK!!!!!!

Oh my God.....what is her story ...thats fairly bad... she obviously has no friends ..a complete freak! But i wonder whats going through her head, does she not realise that one cannot go around behaving like this....so wrong. What age is she?

• Advertisement

shes in her late 20's, so old enough to know better!
    you should hear some of the lies she's told........ SICK!
    she's in need of serious help!

shes in her late 20's, so old enough to know better!
    quote]

Old enough to have sence.....Maybe after meeting up with your friend in the bar the other night she might develop a fascination with her and leave you alone....:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

Rabbit
    Water
    For boiling, choose rabbits with smooth and sharp claws, as that denotes they are young.
    Should these be blunt and rugged, the ears dry and tough, the animal is old.
    After emptying and skinning it, wash it well in cold water and let it soak for about 15 minutes in warm water, to draw out the blood.
    Bring the head round to the side and fasten it there by means of a skewer run through that and the body.
    Put the rabbit into enough hot water to cover it.
    Let it boil very gently until tender, which will be in from 30 to 45 minutes, according to its size and age.
    Dish it and smother it either with onion, mushroom, or liver sauce, or parsley and butter.
    The former is, however, generally preferred to any of the last named sauces.
    When liver sauce is preferred, the liver should be boiled for a few minutes and minced very finely, or rubbed through a sieve before it is added to the sauce.
    Time: A very young rabbit, ½ hour; a large one, 45 minutes; an old one, 1 hour or longer.
    Sufficient for 4 persons.
    Seasonable

:D:P

hatful wrote: »
    Rabbit
    Water
    For boiling, choose rabbits with smooth and sharp claws, as that denotes they are young.
    After emptying and skinning it, wash it well in cold water and let it soak for about 15 minutes in warm water, to draw out the blood.
    Bring the head round to the side and fasten it there by means of a skewer run through that and the body.
    Let it boil very gently until tender, which will be in from 30 to 45 minutes, according to its size and age.
    Dish it and smother it either with onion, mushroom, or liver sauce, or parsley and butter.
    When liver sauce is preferred, the liver should be boiled for a few minutes and minced very finely, or rubbed through a sieve before it is added to the sauce.
    Time: A very young rabbit, ½ hour; a large one, 45 minutes; an old one, 1 hour or longer.
    Seasonable

i can't decide whether this post is really really sarcastically deadpan, or really really quite disturbing :confused::eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::eek:

...I dont suppose you have any tips on how to boil a 'Mupp*t'.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rhubarbular

what, trite and poorly written?

i thought the bunny boiler thing was quite funny actually............and the muppet thing aswel:D

hatful wrote: »
    Rabbit
    Water
    Seasonable

...Very imaginative....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...Seriously though..any ideas on the M8ppet :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D !!!

...Very imaginative....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...Seriously though..any ideas on the M8ppet :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D !!!

as above......just get a bigger pot

• Advertisement

as above......just get a bigger pot

Cool :D

Are you still been stalked Lyco...:eek:

Advertisement