Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disconnect from GPRS connection on Samsung Tocco Lite

Options
  • 21-08-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just bought the Samsung Toco Lite, was playing with it and my the GPRS icon says that I'm connected to the connection (and I presume getting charged by Vodafone for this) and I can't find a way to disconnect. If I press the call end or back button when at my browser it does nothing...
    Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Bellemz wrote: »
    Just bought the Samsung Toco Lite, was playing with it and my the GPRS icon says that I'm connected to the connection (and I presume getting charged by Vodafone for this) and I can't find a way to disconnect. If I press the call end or back button when at my browser it does nothing...

You're probably meant to be connected to GPRS. Most modern phones connect voice & text & data over GPRS / 3G.

It should switch to 3G when in a 3G enabled area.

You only get charged for data you download - not just being connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Have had a tocco lite for two months and the gprs icon is ALWAYS on, take no notice of it!
    It should switch to 3G when in a 3G enabled area.

No 3G on the tocco lite unfortunately, EDGE only!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Really??

I suppose that justifies the 'lite'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Really??

I suppose that justifies the 'lite'!!

Yep, thats why one wouldnt hear a lot about the tocco lite on this forum. As far as i can see, a phone without 3G is considered the work of satan on this forum.

Or maybe averyone who posts on this forum have 3G smartphones!:P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

The phone maintains the GPRS connection to make it faster if you want to launch a data connection. It isn't transfering any data, it's just keeping it open to make it faster if you want to. There's no charge for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement