Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with Bransky's/Westside tavern?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know why Bransky's in Westside is all boarded up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ZOMBIES!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

barney-fife.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

its closed down, only this week i think as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

skelliser wrote: »
    Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

iv no idea, lease was probably up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

skelliser wrote: »

Must have had a snooker table! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Something about the owner of the building raising the rent afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So it's definitely not zombies then?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I heard that it was vermicious knids, and travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Apparently the owner told Paddy last Monday that he was closing the place and wanted them out by that Thursday. A lot of the locals have been in mourning or suffering with the DT's ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Now there's only Hanley Oaks left...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

inisboffin wrote: »
    Now there's only Hanley Oaks left...:p
    That's gone too

paconnors wrote: »
    That's gone too

Seriously? When did that close? I thought I saw punters outside last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Seriously? When did that close? I thought I saw punters outside last week!
    much
    Before race week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

paconnors wrote: »
    much
    Before race week

So that leaves the Clybaun I suppose.

vulcan57 wrote: »
    So that leaves the Clybaun I suppose.

The wasteland of pub-lessness that lies between The Clybaun, Anno Santo, Thatch and Ardilaun..and nothing for miles up the back roads (sheebeen anyone?)

Seriously, big area without a pub..and most of the closest are hotel bars) (bar the Thatch)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

The Oak's was closed for a while but it is open again, now they don't open their doors until 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

The wasteland of pub-lessness that lies between The Clybaun, Anno Santo, Thatch and Ardilaun..and nothing for miles up the back roads (sheebeen anyone?)

Seriously, big area without a pub..and most of the closest are hotel bars) (bar the Thatch)

its called Sheridans

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

The oaks is open. Im shocked to hear Paddy Conners is closed. It will never reopen with him or if it does there will be war in there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Best news I've heard in a long time that Bransky's is closed. Good riddance..

• Advertisement

3fullback wrote: »
    its called Sheridans

Ok, I'll clarify what I meant. YES there's Sheridans, but that's more or less just beside the Clybaun, but there's a big pub-less area in between the bars I mentioned.
    I was less dissing 'hotel bars' per se, and more remarking on the lack of ANYTHING now..
    Although Hairyfairy said Hanley Oaks is open after 5. I know I saw people hanging out there last week in front of it, didn't know if they were punters tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Christ I thought Bransky's closed about 10 years ago.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Apparently the owner told Paddy last Monday that he was closing the place and wanted them out by that Thursday. A lot of the locals have been in mourning or suffering with the DT's ever since.

I heard it was D.L.'s ex missus that said she was upping the rent. She got the pub (one of maaaaany) in the separation agreement. Paddy told her to go fcuk herself as politely as only Paddy could do. Fair play to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

soundbyte wrote: »
    I heard it was D.L.'s ex missus that said she was upping the rent. She got the pub (one of maaaaany) in the separation agreement. Paddy told her to go fcuk herself as politely as only Paddy could do. Fair play to him!

Did the same thing happen a few years back with the Lantern in Ballybane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Good on him!
    I've some great memories from that pub. There were some brilliant gigs upstairs over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

But, I heard that the rent had'nt be paid for several months!. IMO it was only a smelly kip anyway and if anyone was to take over then it would really need to be gutted and refurbished.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,475 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's a lock-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

great place for food tho was the westside....chips,toasted sandwich and tea-all for 3.50!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd say a lot of the Westside Tavern crew will either go to the Westwood or to the River Inn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of the Westside Tavern crew will either go to the Westwood or to the River Inn.

Cant see them heading to the Westwood

Advertisement