Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the story with Bransky's/Westside tavern?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I dunno, they could take it over! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soundbyte View Post
    I heard it was D.L.'s ex missus that said she was upping the rent. She got the pub (one of maaaaany) in the separation agreement. Paddy told her to go fcuk herself as politely as only Paddy could do. Fair play to him!
    Did the same thing happen a few years back with the Lantern in Ballybane?

Exactimundo dudes. That's what I heard as well, same fait as the lantern and in ways quite similar pubs !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

how many has D.L. left then and how many did the missez get , he had 40 in the 1990s which I take was pre divorce ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ceepeedee

inisboffin wrote: »
    Now there's only Hanley Oaks left...:p

Was the whatever Oaks ever a viable establishment, in any sense of viable or even establishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

ceepeedee wrote: »
    Was the whatever Oaks ever a viable establishment, in any sense of viable or even establishment?

It was only ever built to avail of the (very) generous tax breaks for developers who built hotels. The breaks lasted for seven years, so it was sold on to Ronan Lawless after the seven years were up.

He applied last year for permission to knock the htel and build 20 apartments. Can't see that happening any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

permanently closed 😪

Advertisement