Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A couple of questions...

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭

Sorry people, but I've a few more questions. Probably stupid ones too but hey, they need asking! I'm just going into my first year in Arts

I've just registered to UCD Connect and that SIS thingy. Now, I reckon I'm eligible for a grant but where do I find the forms to apply for the grant? And do I get to register for 1600 minus the grant of 150 or when I get the grant, do I get to register for just 160?

Also, when going to "Module Registration", it says that Phase 2 is not available... How do I get passed this? By just registering?

Oh and the ID Card thingy. I've checked my timetable and it says that the 1st day I'm in is Sep 1st from 9:30 til 4:30 for Student Card Collection. Is this the 1st day I've to go in, take the card photo, and then collect the card? Or will I have to go in some day before this?

Cheers, oh and sorry again for the questions :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Everything you need to know about the grant you'll find here, including application forms. Also check the student finances forum. You aught to hurry though or you could end up waiting ages for it to come through. The councils aren't known for their efficiency at processing applications.

I'm going into first year too so I'm open to correction on this, but my understanding re: registration fee is that if you entitled to the grant you just pay the 157.50 levy (this must be paid by the 6th of September). When the grant acceptance letter arrives you must show it at the student desk. However, if the grant hasn't come through by the 15 of October you must pay it yourself and wait for a refund.

Module registration is on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Ah right. I see. Nice one mate :D

Can anyone answer my other few Q's please? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

ya go in early on the 1st and you will get your card and a tour. Basically its orientation and really helps cause its fcuking massive!! then keep hangin around them few days and take part in stuff and all that jazz.

ya go in early on the 1st and you will get your card and a tour. Basically its orientation and really helps cause its fcuking massive!! then keep hangin around them few days and take part in stuff and all that jazz.

Thanks man

I was just making sure that was the 1st day I'd to go in there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

ya thats the day for your class specific orientation its the 1st day your supposed to be in.

Advertisement