Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CV Question

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey guys. I'm out looking for work at the moment. I'm basically trying to pick up anything. I have a degree and some work expirience so naturally my CV is based around these things. I will be over qualified for most jobs in retail etc. So basically should i change my CV when applying for jobs i'm overqualified for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You should really change your CV for every job you apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Obviously whilst your CV should be tailored for every job you apply for, I personally wouldn't go dumbing it down too much. It would very much depend on the job in question though.

I have spent the last 8 years working for two different high street retailers and most of us would have had a degree, possibly a masters as well and a couple of people I used to work with were in the middle of their PhDs. Thus when accepting CVs of course we would look kindlier on those with similar educational achievements or really good work experience - as while maybe not directly related to the job, it demonstrates a whole host of desirable skills and abilities.

Advertisement