Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb Meatball curry

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

I should have taken a picture of this but i made a delish curry last night and thought I'd share it! :)

On Wednesday night I prepared a meetball mixture and kept in the fridge overnight to marinade

500g lamb mince
    1 egg
    Chillis (I put in 3 birdseye, do this according to taste)
    Ground chilli, coriander, cumin, garam masala
    Few cloves of grated garlic and an inch or so or grated ginger (I got one of those little novelty looking graters cos i thought they looked cure- but they are brilliant for grating garlic and ginger)
    A decent squirt of tomato paste
    a small handful of wel chopped coriander
    a small onion, finely chopped

Mix this all togather, cover and put in the fridge overnight- even an hour or so is probably grand.

Next day I prepare the curry paste...

Loads of Chillis (according to taste- I think I put in about 12 birdseye with seeds)
    Toast up some cumin seeds, coriander seeds, the inside of 4 cardomen pods, mustard seeds (whatever indiany type seeds you have in)
    Crush in a pestle and mortar

Add chillis, crushed garlic, ginger, tomato paste, chopped coriander stalks and a good glug of oil to make into a wet paste. grind in some sea salt and whatever ground indian type spices you have, I add chilli powder, garam masala, cumin, coriander, tumeric

Chop 1 large onion very finely and cook off in a small bit of oil until it goes soft and starts to brown

Add in the paste and cook off for a couple of mins

Add 1 cupfull of veg stock (i just use a veg oxo cube and stir until it starts to thicken)

Add one tin tomatos

When this mixture starts to bubble, roll the meat into balls, of about 1 inch diameter. Drop into the sauce and turn down to a low simmer

Dont stir for at least 5 mins in order for the meatballs to keep their shape.

While this is cooking prepare the rice

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

Just reading that has made me incredibly hungry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

sounds yummy . . must give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Sounds good! My kids love curry.I might try this tonight for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,052 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

15 bird eye chillies????:eek:
    With seeds?:eek:
    And chilli powder in the meat balls and sauce??:eek:

Wow, either you like your food smoking hot or your bird eye chillies are very different to any I've ever used!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Seems a bit spice-heavy, to me. When making currys I try to maintain a maximum of three spices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

People I was cooking for love blow-your-head-off food!

I like very spicey too- I normally have a dollop of yogurt handy though!

Fair enough with the 3 spice thing- Im a fan of being a bit more 'fire in what I fancy' but I know a lot of people (specially the menfolk for some reason) like to be more precise and controlled.

Whatever works for ya :)

Advertisement