Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I not receiving email notifications?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

Hey

Why am I not receiving email notifications?

makes me feel unwelcome

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Notifications of what, exactly? It really depends on your settings. Fiddle around with your user CP and you should be able to get notifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

emails on thread updates

A little help here people - Ive gotten better service from NTL :mad:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

NTL support staff are probably rostered to work shifts for which they get paid. We don't.

Anyway, I told you: fiddle around with your user CP. If you want updates about specific threads, you have to subscribe to the thread using the thread tools drop-down just above the first post. Then it gives you the option to receive instant, daily or no email notifications.

That should do it for you. If not, it's possible that emails are being filtered into your spam folder.

I'm not feelin the love here at all

in my cp i am subscribed to loads of threads - the boxes on the right are blank - i can click on them but cannot save anywhere, when i leave page and return they are unticked

for all latest threads i have posted on I have not received any email notification

and NO - they are not in junk email

• Advertisement

Can you post/PM some screen caps please so I can have a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

john47832 wrote: »
    I'm not feelin the love here at all
    Aww, I love you babycakes xxxx :)
    in my cp i am subscribed to loads of threads - the boxes on the right are blank - i can click on them but cannot save anywhere, when i leave page and return they are unticked
    The boxes should only be ticked if you need to use the dropdown menu below the boxes to move to different folders, delete subscriptions etc. They will not show as ticked when you return, this is normal. Why are you ticking the boxes?
    for all latest threads i have posted on I have not received any email notification
    You will not receive notification (afair) if you post on the thread, only if someone else does.
    and NO - they are not in junk email
    Gmail is working fine for me as are thread subscriptions. If you aren't receiving any emails from now then maybe you should speak to your email provider, if it was a little while ago, then they could have been switched off temporarily as we were trying to pin down some performance issues.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I believe it is because you are banned from adverts, That generally breaks a few features on boards.ie for you.

Asok wrote: »
    I believe it is because you are banned from adverts, That generally breaks a few features on boards.ie for you.

Can I have it fixed please?

Currently there is no fix that I am aware of, It will start working again when your ban from adverts expires.

• Advertisement

Asok wrote: »
    Currently there is no fix that I am aware of, It will start working again when your ban from adverts expires.

So its not actually "broken" - rather punishment ??

It is not a punishment by design more a flaw in the adverts system that is not very high up on the list of things to fix.

Advertisement