Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the barrel lenght of an A&K M249 MkII

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi Im Thinking about Installing a tightbore Barrel a 6.03mm....So could some one please send a link to where i can buy one....Thanks
    oh and its for The A&K M249 MKII.....
    And also a high powered battery whats the highest voltage i can put in to a stock 249 without blowing it up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

There is little point in putting a precision barrel in a SAW... It's a SUPPORT GUN, not a rifle, it was designed for laying down suppressive fire not precision shooting. Ooooh wait till Firekitten see's this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Three "M249 am best gun" threads and you don't know the barrel length...

Madbull Black Python 455mm. Before you do that though, change the hop unit for a CA type and the rubber for a Guarder Clear Silicone. You'll find a more useful response from this upgrade than the tightbore, plus the tightbore is useless without them.

Battery wise, 9.6V is as high as I'd recommend without upgrades (MOSFET, wiring, bearings). If you want increased rate of fire, replace the motor with a Guarder High Speed motor. It's a simple upgrade and it makes a serious difference. Remember, you're limited by the feed rate of your box mags motor (and that's not the fastest in the west).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭markY6222

NakedDex wrote: »
    Three "M249 am best gun" threads and you don't know the barrel length...

Madbull Black Python 455mm. Before you do that though, change the hop unit for a CA type and the rubber for a Guarder Clear Silicone. You'll find a more useful response from this upgrade than the tightbore, plus the tightbore is useless without them.

Battery wise, 9.6V is as high as I'd recommend without upgrades (MOSFET, wiring, bearings). If you want increased rate of fire, replace the motor with a Guarder High Speed motor. It's a simple upgrade and it makes a serious difference. Remember, you're limited by the feed rate of your box mags motor (and that's not the fastest in the west).

Already changed the hopup rubber and i have a 9.6v for it,u forgot to say to change the hopup nub since the one in it sucks and is to short....Do u have a link to somewhere,where i can buy the classic army hop up unit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I didn't forget to say it. If you're changing your hop rubber, changing the nub would be implied. If you're changing the rubber and the entire hop unit, changing the nub would be a necessity.

The problem with the M249's hop is not the rubber. It's the unit. Changing the rubber on it's own will have very little effect, and is redundant until you change the unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

heres the CA hopup unit.
    http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product-info.php?id=2476

Your 249 threads are lulz.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement