Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Colony

• 21-08-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Anyone get to see this great new show, The Colony on the Discovery Channel Link

Not sure if its on at home, but it should be. A bunch of random people are put into a doomsday scenario and told to survive for 10 weeks. Its based in an abandoned industrial zone in LA. They use anything they can find to build what the need and survive.

Amazing what they come up with when you are required to survive without all our modern day comforts. I would love to try this and see how i fair out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Pretty awful, very staged. The people in it are gobsheens, at stages their just laughable. I only watched the first episode but that was enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

well i mean it has to be staged to a degree, where you gonna get a built up area large enough to use for a truly accurate experiment. they are all over the place in the beginning but I think they find their places in the group and start making some great things with the junk they collect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I thought the idea was great, I had high hopes for it. I might try the 3rd episode but I really didn't like the people in it other than that grey haired guy. He was on first watch on the first night and almost **** himself when someone came knocking on the door. When everyone else came down he turned into the hard man saying he would have kicked his ass if he got a hold of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

murfie wrote: »
    Not sure if its on at home, but it should be. A bunch of random people are put into a doomsday scenario and told to survive for 10 weeks. Its based in an abandoned industrial zone in LA. They use anything they can find to build what the need and survive.

Are you sure you not thinking or Fair City ?

Advertisement