Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Print photos

• 21-08-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Hey all,
    So recently picked up the Canon 500d. Seems like a cracking camera. New to the whole game but have a lot of enthusiasm for it! From the photos posted on the forum from other users I have a lot of ground to cover though. Some great photos!

I was hoping to start printing photos in about 1-2 months time so would like to start researching printers now so I feel I've buying with the best possible knowledge. I would like to be able to print in 4x6 and A4 sizes. Any pointers as to what printer would be able to achieve both sizes in good quality?

As mentioned, I am new to the whole game, so from my reading posts people seem to be mentioning to tweak the photos before printing... any sites people aware of that might help me with this aspect?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

You have a lot of learning to do with the Camera & post production already.

My suggestion would be to get your monitor calibrated & then send them out for printing. It will save you a shed load of hassle, time & money at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Thanks CabanSail... where would be a good place to send them off to? Online sites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

www.360-dpi.com in dublin if you want high quality, personal service at good prices

or somewhere like photobox or snapfish, if you want value above everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

DotOrg wrote: »
    www.360-dpi.com in dublin if you want high quality, personal service at good prices

or somewhere like photobox or snapfish, if you want value above everything

or just PM stcstc ....same thing :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i think you were asking about which printer to buy

i would suggest that when you start you should get them printed

as printing at home can be more expensive and theres a whole other learning curve involved

but

i you look at either the canon or epson photo ranges you will be able to buy a good quality photo printer to do what your asking

BUT

buy decent paper, if you buy an epson printer, buy epson paper, it will make it easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

thanks all,

Some good info there. Will look into sites mentioned for printing!

Advertisement