Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wigan Athletic v Manchester United - Match Thread 3.00pm 22/09/09 Setanta

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

The Muppet wrote: »
    It was a special goal all right, his movemnet was exceptional. Now we need him to do that when we really need a goal to really boost his confidence, I think Owen could well get 15 to 20 goals this season.

Iv had the same dream every night since Owen has signed for us. Its a 91st minute winner scored at the kop end!

One time God, one time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Crisis over?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

mike65 wrote: »
    Crisis over?

Was there one in the first place?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Well, I hoped for a good performance and a win. We got them, but were made to fight for them in the first half, and Rodallega's header was a scare. But even in the first half, United were dominant, and we took our chances in the second half. Delighted with the score, particularly for Owen, always important to get the first goal. The Arsenal game could be an absolute stormer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

mike65 wrote: »
    Crisis over?

there was never a crisis

/runs off to edit posts from midweek...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

there was here

Sell Fergie
    Sack giggs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

RTEs great reporting was showing 4-0. Fired of an email, they updated the title but not the content of the article. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The Muppet wrote: »
    there was here

Sell Fergie
    Sack giggs

Even during the game we had

"BERB is so bloody useless. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Delighted with the 2nd half

Nani has come on leaps and bounds,I was one of his harshes critics but has shown me what for

I though foster was superb today,im starting to trust him now,berba was just a class act today,himself and Nani should not be rotated again.

great to see this man back today

08ES57vidicPA_415x618.jpg

made some vital tackles for us today

edit

forgot to mention owens goal

what a finish by him,I was jumping for joy when he scored

KevIRL wrote: »

I saw that all right, OP must have been watching a different match though Berba had just benn dispossed while through on goal.

Off Topic: Just watched setanta's special 1 tv, It was very funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Unearthly wrote: »
    I'm finding it hard to not rub this in more to ABU's but meh can't be bothered.

Great 2nd half. Confident boosts to people like Foster, Berbatov, Rooney, Nani and of course Michael Owen. That's how you respond to a defeat.

Agreed. And against the legendary might of Wigan! That'll show the naysayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

nipplenuts wrote: »

Hello bitter abu

Good day? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hey lets not get carried away.

Scholes did well today, but was clearly knackered by about 60 minutes in. Could easily have been sent off too.

We were unable to convert in the first half again, and the game could have went a different way.

Still a long way to go for us to show we're really up to the challenge this year.

nipplenuts wrote: »

Very True, now if it were the mighty Stoke at home we would really have somthing to celebrate.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

PHB wrote: »

Scholes did well today, but was clearly knackered by about 60 minutes in. Could easily have been sent off too.

We were unable to convert in the first half again, and the game could have went a different way.

Still a long way to go for us to show we're really up to the challenge this year.

Exactly. Lets all calm adown and see what happens next week against a top class team like Arsenal in irresistable form before we lose the heads completely.

Truth is Wigan totally threw the towel in after the second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PHB wrote: »

Agree completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Unearthly wrote: »
    Hello bitter abu

Good day? :)

What's that? Is it intended to offend? Or is it a sarcasm?

Yes, thank you, a good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

didnt realise arsenal was next week! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

KevIRL wrote: »

Oh hi again Kev. :D That was prior to his goal, when he had a few chances and never captalised on them. I dont think Berb has been a great player of late and I recall a very weak peno he took that fairly annoyed me. :p

His goal today though, was very good and if we can see more of that from him - then I am happy.

But ya, sorry if it was an outrageous comment for yout to take! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Berbatov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Berbatov

Berba

Trilla wrote: »
    Berba

Berb tbh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Unfortunately missed the game but jusr saw the goals. Great finish by Owen and great vision by Nani for the ball through. Now for a real test next week where we badly need to prove ourselves and gather 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Great result. Fletcher is really growing on me over the last year and I would have him on the team sheet along with Vida and Rooney as the spine of the team nowadays. I thought Valencia did well and has shown a great ability to win the ball too but cut out the theatrics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Great result. Fletcher is really growing on me over the last year and I would have him on the team sheet along with Vida and Rooney as the spine of the team nowadays. I thought Valencia did well and has shown a great ability to win the ball too but cut out the theatrics.

Likewise, Fletcher has really grown on me since last season. He's a work horse who really deserved a goal today. It was good to see Valencia challenging the wing and swinging in a few balls and getting a result out of one of them was a bonus today. It set the momentum for United...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

In hargreaves' abscence fletcher is very important. I was delighted to hear he was in the side today. I would prefer hargreaves but i'm happy enough with fletch these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

lol how peoples opinions change from one week to the next

redzerdrog wrote: »
    lol how peoples opinions change from one week to the next

Sounds like Fantasy Football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I only saw the first half and was quite shocked but pleasantly suprised by the final score!! Great to see Owen off the mark, and what a classy finish from Berbs too....in fairness, the only people who talk about a "crisis" are the muppets at rags like The Sun who show club crests torn in half when they might actually go a 2 games without a win. Liverpool, United, dont matter, they love to see a club "in crisis" :rolleyes:

Yes indeed the gunners will be a good test now next week

I only saw the first half and was quite shocked but pleasantly suprised by the final score!! Great to see Owen off the mark, and what a classy finish from Berbs too....in fairness, the only people who talk about a "crisis" are the muppets at rags like The Sun who show club crests torn in half when they might actually go a 2 games without a win. Liverpool, United, dont matter, they love to see a club "in crisis" :rolleyes:

Spot on about the sun. Will they run with Wigan in crisis? Maybe not, it wouldn't sell enough papers.

I also missed the 2nd half. Amazed by the final score.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

if rooney keeps up his goalscoring average for the season he'll have 38 league goals! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

mink_man wrote: »
    if rooney keeps up his goalscoring average for the season he'll have 38 league goals! :pac:

yeah but that will be 19 less than Jermaine Defoe.

Advertisement