Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help with Clothes!

• 21-08-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Girls, I badly need your help! I have no nice casual & work clothes and its driving me mad.

I have gotten into a habbit of baggy jeans and hoody jumpers which are really comfy but they make me look huge and they're not very smart/classy! :o

I'm 5ft1" and I'm a 14/16 depending on the shop. I'm in the process of losing weight and that is now my problem as my other clothes are now too big..

Since I'm quite small and feel huge I feel that nothing suits me so that is why I keep ending up with the hoodies, so girls I need your recommendations on what to wear and where to get them?

My other problem is I have two dogs, and their hair gets everywhere and really sticks to clothes so I cannot buy black which I would love to :rolleyes:

So I need to get a good few staple pieces that I can mix and match so what do you suggest?

I really appreciate your advice girls..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

Any suggestions girls?:(:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Maybe a couple of nice day time dresses? Something casual that you can dress up with heels if you need to? New look do these style dresses brilliantly I find. You can change them from day wear to night wear just by changing the accessories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭aonfocaleile

I'm only 2 inches taller than you and a size 16 so I understand your problem. I find M&S a GODSEND for tops. They have a great selection of smart tee shirts in loads of different colours, with different necklines - v neck, round neck etc. They're great for work with black trousers or with jeans for a night in the local. I got a few during the week - at €7 each or 2 for €10 you can't go wrong! They also have some nice cardies at the mo. I got a lovely long black one on Thurs which I can throw over anything for a bit of warmth in the months to come. As for the dog hair, get yourself a good clothes brush:)

Debenhams has a nice range of clothes for "bigger" ladies and by that I mean they have a full range of sizes, not just 10s and 12s. Jasper Conran in Designers at Debenhams also has some lovely tops at the moment, stuff that would look really nice with jeans. Some of them are a bit pricey though.

Clothes shopping is a nightmare when you feel that nothing suits you so I always go early in the day (mid week if poss) when the shops are quiet. It also means that clothes have been restocked over night so you can find your size.

I boosted my own confidence with clothes recently by getting measured for a properly fitting bra - it made a huge difference to the way clothes look on me and made me feel better. So get this done if you haven't already. Not in M&S though - I recommend Bramora on Earlsfort terrace if you're in Dublin. It's worth the effort to go across town and if you're living on the northside (judging by username, you might be), the 128 bus stops outside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My other problem is I have two dogs, and their hair gets everywhere and really sticks to clothes so I cannot buy black which I would love to :rolleyes:

id suggest you invest in a lint roller they are really handy you can pick them up in pharmacies and tesco i think very useful gets hair of you in a jiffy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭northdubgal

I'm only 2 inches taller than you and a size 16 so I understand your problem. I find M&S a GODSEND for tops. They have a great selection of smart tee shirts in loads of different colours, with different necklines - v neck, round neck etc. They're great for work with black trousers or with jeans for a night in the local. I got a few during the week - at €7 each or 2 for €10 you can't go wrong! They also have some nice cardies at the mo. I got a lovely long black one on Thurs which I can throw over anything for a bit of warmth in the months to come. As for the dog hair, get yourself a good clothes brush:)

Debenhams has a nice range of clothes for "bigger" ladies and by that I mean they have a full range of sizes, not just 10s and 12s. Jasper Conran in Designers at Debenhams also has some lovely tops at the moment, stuff that would look really nice with jeans. Some of them are a bit pricey though.

Clothes shopping is a nightmare when you feel that nothing suits you so I always go early in the day (mid week if poss) when the shops are quiet. It also means that clothes have been restocked over night so you can find your size.

I boosted my own confidence with clothes recently by getting measured for a properly fitting bra - it made a huge difference to the way clothes look on me and made me feel better. So get this done if you haven't already. Not in M&S though - I recommend Bramora on Earlsfort terrace if you're in Dublin. It's worth the effort to go across town and if you're living on the northside (judging by username, you might be), the 128 bus stops outside it.

You posted a good few suggestions that I will take you up on, so thank you for that ;)! I will check out M&S and Debenhams for their clothes and see how I go!

I know for a fact my bra doesnt fit cos of the weight I have lost but bra's are soooo expensive I am trying to hold off as long as I can which I know is a bit ridiculous!

I think my main problem with clothes is that I go out and buy random things that I like, I get them home and nothing matches up with each other between style & colour! I'm dreadful like that!

Oh, nearly forgot to add that I was in Ikea and bought a couple of the lint roller brush things for the dog hair! Thanks for that idea also!

• Advertisement
Advertisement