Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT Booking galway

• 21-08-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

hi i recently purchased a car 05 reg in march 05.
    it needs a nct, gone to the online booking service and theres nothing, it lets you go as far as 01/01/2010, nothing, so i checked clifden, and ennis
    nothing.
    i know in the papers recently there was a article about this, so i have emailed nct and requested a email back, (so i can print off as proof of at least trying!!) my other problem is road tax, how can i tax my car without a nct??
    how the garda can think of bringing in ANPR to there cars when you cant legalise it beggars belief.
    is there a way round at least getting it taxed???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You should be able to tax your car without an NCT. They started ignoring the requirement for taxation once they realised that some people weren't taxing their car because they didn't have an NCT.

The normal thing to do was to find any available NCT date and then constantly ring for cancellations. The current NCT operator's contract runs out at the end of this year with the operation transferring to a new one. Ring the NCT office and see if they'll give you a date. If they do then you can try to get it moved forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

you dont need an nct to tax your car. there is a space for it but it isnt required. try ringing the nct phone number as i have always had problems trying to use the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

ahh thanks so much guys, you put my mind at rest
    hope with new contractors they cant get this sorted.
    thanks again much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

just ring them, get an appointment, and they'll send you out a letter that you can use as proof that you are going for an NCT.

I rang up at the beginning of July, and the earliest appointment I got was October 21...which reminds me - I need to cancel that one since I'm not in the country that day - if appointments are transferable, you can have mine ;-)

Advertisement