Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Keyboard Kombo's

Options
  • 21-08-2009 4:38pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just something I whipped up while uploading some movies - I guess the practice did me good as I had one f'ing stressful day of SF4 against all possible characters - The combos aren't new, and I'm sure I'm not the only Keyboard SF4'er so I'm not looking for kudos - But I'd like to think it may show that people can at least learn the basics using a Keyboard and that it's not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

Now... If only I could do half of those on an actual PLAYER and not some immobile dummy...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Good video! you should probably avoid doing combos that involve an EX move and then a super though as it's impossible without infinite super meter. :pac:

People using console controllers/arcade sticks use the PPP/KKK buttons too if they have 8 face buttons on the stick (and they are scrubs like Azza). Personally I disable them cause I got used to playing on a 6 button stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

RopeDrink wrote: »

Now... If only I could do half of those on an actual PLAYER and not some immobile dummy...

Hah so true. Nevertheless, good video. I can do most of those but the ex dash upper eludes me. I just can't get anything to connect after.

Well, it's just a graphical rather than gameplay difference since you're just frameskipping at a fixed frame rate right? As in the game plays at the same speed but yours just looks worse. Probably wouldn't be too bad to adjust!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wait, how're you supposed to land Ultra after OH->cr.Short->Fierce Headbutt?

I just can't figure out when you can build your back charge?

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Wait, how're you supposed to land Ultra after OH->cr.Short->Fierce Headbutt?

I just can't figure out when you can build your back charge?

The same way you do every other headbutt > ultra combo noob. :pac: (As Ropedrink explained you can keep the forward charge with up back - you can't however keep up charges by using downforward)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

RopeDrink, I have to say this and its said with all due respect, but I notice you keep mentioning how you play at 15fps/30fps and you mention how playing at 60 might throw you off your gaming as the timing would be different. I don't have the PC version yet but I can't imagine it'd take all that much to get it running at 60fps? What are your specs?

What I'm getting at m8 is, if your playing online, your forcing people who are used to the timing of 60fps to play at a frame rate your used to and not them. And thus their game is already going to be thrown off from the get go. Its not really fair on the other guy.

I'm not attacking you or anything, I'm just saying is all. When I played 3rd Strike there were times I encountered playing against people whos PC's were so bad they couldn't even run that at 60fps, of course they were used to playing whatever FPS it'd be running at but it would be a horrible and almost infuriating experience for me.

Its not as bad as when there is fluctuating FPS, when timings are changing through out the match however but it is annoying.

I hope you don't mind me saying this m8, I mean no insult!!

They're still playing at 60fps, he's just skipping frames in that 60fps, not running the game at 15fps total. It's fixed frame rate, not variable frame rate, so the other person shouldn't notice anything.

Oh right so that doesn't happen then in SF4 where the other guy gets slowed down? :eek: Sweet!!

I was well worried, because never mind people with rigs that just can't reach 60fps, people with average rigs might not know its meant to be played at 60fps and play it at 40 or something, with maxed out graphics. Kinda like people on the PS3 who didnt know you couldnt install the game and thus only the ones who knew about it , did so, but if they played people that didnt, well they were stuck with a slow loading time.

Damn thats good news about the PC version, deffo more pumped about getting it now.

RopeDrink ignore my last post, I mid read that info somewhere and it was like that with 3s. Btw, back on topic, what button layout do you use on your keyboard? Plus about you worried about going, I might try and bring my laptop sometime if I start going to these so you can hook your keyboard up to that.

It does slow the other person if you have it set to variable framerate in the options, but not if you have it set to fixed frame rate, as far as I know (just going by what Ropedrink has posted previously).

• Advertisement

Oh right , I see...I think lol , Gotta get that pc version. If this was the case why the hell would anyone want a variable framerate option, hell why is that even an option? lol.

Anyway I take it from your comment this was talked about before, I missed that convo obviously :o Soz again RopeDrink:o

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, reading the responses on the combo, I don't know WHY I was practicing by doing (charge)back, d/f+P (hold d/f), d/f+LK, u/f+P headbutt.
    Feel so dumb...

Cool. Hey maybe when I get the pc version we can play a few rounds :D

NVIDEA GForce 8400 GFX Card (<<<<<<<<< The problem)
    Ouch yeah big time. I'd say even an 8600 would get the game running at 60 (I hope as thats what my laptop has hehe)

I don't enjoy Player matches though, for some reason.

:eek: awwww how come? So you only play ranked and champ mode? I couldnt be more different, much rather go 1st to 10 with the same guy then play one random match against one random guy and have to go and find a game with someone else then.

If I find a guy I had a good match with I'm gonna wanna play him again, play his other characters against my other ones too and just have a laugh and hopefully learn something. Also if I get raped by some guy I'm normally gonna wanna play him as much as possible to try and get better.

This is the only way I could learn when I played 3s, and 3s on 2df was basically just arcade mode and you challenge people in a lobby, so your gonna play that guy for a good few rounds normally. In fact it'd be rude not to usually.

Btw about your connecting issue, maybe port forwarding or something might help.

I'm able to run it at 60ish on an 8600GT

yeah my vostros got a 8600m GT, how low yea gotta have the settings? Its no big deal for me really I'll be playing it more on my main PC I assume, but I liek the idea of portable street fighter 4.

Not sure, low enough I think - I just stick to the xbox anyway. You could always check out the benchmark

Even other games like WoW (I'm a PvP'er) I can't stand 'duelling', it's just something in-built even though it's the best way to learn.

This doesn't really make any sense to me at all, generally going a few rounds with a guy is kinda the standard way to play Street Fighter, I suppose seeing SF4 with out the context of others, might lead to presume, player match is the reject area, and champ/ranked is where its at.

But really, those modes are for people who love stats and ranks and digital medals and stuff instead of actually playing to have fun or for the battle itself.

Its about the fight not the points. For me anyway. As a PVPer I would have thought the idea of going against people head on would be appealing. But I guess we're all different.

But for me anyway , going 10 intense rounds with a really good player gets me going a billion time more then beating 10 random nobodies in ranked or whatever and getting loads of extra numbers added to my score. To me ranked and championship mode are novelties I guess.

Another thing is sometimes it can take a few battles with a guy before things get really deep and intense, a level you don't get from playing 1 random then a totally different one.

Also its a 1v1 game so I don't really get the dueling comment. :p hehe nah I'm just messin I'm sure you meant it in a different way. Its true what they say about people who played wow, once they get off, they're never the same :p

KIDDING! :P

Yeah, my main reason for playing championship is to find good players to add to my friends list and practice against - imo you improve a huge amount faster playing someone who's good repeatedly than several people just once - you're either better or worse than them, you win or you lose, you don't learn much about the matchup and you've moved on to the next person.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    This doesn't really make any sense to me at all, generally going a few rounds with a guy is kinda the standard way to play Street Fighter, I suppose seeing SF4 with out the context of others, might lead to presume, player match is the reject area, and champ/ranked is where its at.

But really, those modes are for people who love stats and ranks and digital medals and stuff instead of actually playing to have fun or for the battle itself.

Its about the fight not the points. For me anyway. As a PVPer I would have thought the idea of going against people head on would be appealing. But I guess we're all different.

But for me anyway , going 10 intense rounds with a really good player gets me going a billion time more then beating 10 random nobodies in ranked or whatever and getting loads of extra numbers added to my score. To me ranked and championship mode are novelties I guess.

Another thing is sometimes it can take a few battles with a guy before things get really deep and intense, a level you don't get from playing 1 random then a totally different one.

Also its a 1v1 game so I don't really get the dueling comment. :p hehe nah I'm just messin I'm sure you meant it in a different way. Its true what they say about people who played wow, once they get off, they're never the same :p

KIDDING! :P

It works both ways though. Nearly every fight in G1 is against a decent player. In player and ranked, its completely random and you often find yourself against an opponent much worse than you, which is a bit boring.

With championship mode, you are pretty much garunteed to find opponents at your level or above every time....which is what its all about. I agree with dreddy that a good way of finding regular sparring partners is to find them in championship mode at your level.

• Advertisement

Thats true alright about g1 etc. & yeah I'd say 70% of the people I have on my friends list are people I played through that then went about trying to play them properly in player match. Championship mode is a lot better for finding good players compared to ranked thats for sure.

I have been getting decent luck finding excellent players in player matches recently though on PSN. I do get annoyed when I encounter a really good player and I can't play him again though, I just got used to playing loads of rounds in succession from 3rd strike online. Also on PSN it and take awhile between fights to finally find someone you can connect to :( I could be 10mins sometimes:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I don't really play ranked or championship mode at all.I have a good amount of really good players on my friends list built up over the years back since when SF2 Hyper Fighting came out on Xbox Live.Most of them have moved onto HDR and SFIV and provide me with on demand competition against almost all the game cast.

Add to that the players from here on Live and I don't see much point/use of anything other than player matches.

Your typical 'general' gamer, and the core enjoyment I get out of games is MAKING something from them

I can relate to this alright. Btw hows finding players to play on the PC version like? I know you've issues connecting to some people you said, but to you have to filter though a lot of "unable to plays" before you can find someone to play?

@ Blag, hey m8 saw you play at the tourney, fantastic stuff I assume you only on xbox live? Not PSN or PC? Not that I'd provide any sort of decent competition for you :( lol

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Thanks Cunny,unfortunately it's only Live for me at the moment but I'm planing on upgrading my PC in the next while for SFIV.

Didn't know you were there,would have been nice to add another face to a name!

@ Blag, I was the guy sitting around watching everyone cause I turned up far too late to enter. :o

lol

@ RopeDrink, Sounds like your having a good time on champ mode alright. Yeah theres a lot of asshats on ranked mode pulling all sorts of crap all to get some 'points'... I dunno if you know this but initially , it was just ranked and player match, champ mode got added a bit later in release (but before the pc version obviously)

• Moderators Posts: 5,557 ✭✭✭Azza

I'm not too fussed on champ or ranked mode myself. Player match is fine as long as its a mate you playing. I only really play it with mates. Always looking for more Irish players to play though.

Advertisement