Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring to external bell box

Options
  • 21-08-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any tips for fishing wiring to an external bell box for an alarm..

Typical cavity concrete block wall, mounting just below gutter height.

Do you drill straight out from the inside wall and then embed the wire in the interior plaster up into the attic, run conduit from the bell box up through the soffit, or is there a way to fish through the blocks themselves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Get a long bit and drill at an angle through the cavity and into the attic or the easy way is to drill a hole into the soffit and push the cable up into the attic and mount the bell tight to the soffit. You will need a coat hanger extended out to fish the cable from the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Good stuff.. I think i'll take some measurements and have a shot at the long bit at an angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭g.quagmire

Fergus wrote: »
    Good stuff.. I think i'll take some measurements and have a shot at the long bit at an angle.

Do try the hard way sure!

Advertisement