Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scan Yesterday

• 21-08-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

Had my anomoly scan yesterday at 22 weeks, and all is looking well so far :D

I never thought I'd get to this stage after having a mc in November, seems like I've been waiting for something to go wrong!

I can't wait til Xmas to meet the little one!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

we have that scan coming up, is it good, (scares me tbo) ,do they go into much detail .
    congrats btw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

They look at the brain, kidneys, bladder, stomach and the 4 chambers of the heart. Look at the cord for the 3 vessels, check the femur length, head circumference, head diameter and abdominal circumference. These are all plotted to make sure that the baby is an appropriate size for its gestational age.

They also look so see that the placenta is away from the cervix.

We were given a heap of pictures, some of the profile, lots of its little hands and feet and one of its legs.

If you want to know the sex you may need to ask as its not something that they look for routinely.

When is your baby due?

thanks,our baby is due 27th of dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

mint man wrote: »
    we have that scan coming up, is it good, (scares me tbo) ,do they go into much detail .
    congrats btw!

I dunno if I would describe it as a scary but the feeling of relief when they tell you everything is ok is impossible to describe.

They check everything Crazy Cat Lady says and it usually takes about 20-30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MusRo

Congrats Crazy cat lady :)
    Delighted all went well. Thanks for the detailed info about the scan and all that is checked. It is very useful to know what lies ahead :)
    Best of luck over the coming months
    MusRo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Aww congrats and best of luck. I'm 20 weeks this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

Had my 22 week scan yesterday. Couldnt get a good picture cos the baby was so activite and wouldn't stay still :p but the doctor saw everything she needed to see and its a relief to know all is well. Its amazing what they can tell from the scan :)

relief! we had our scan this evening ,all looks good,thanks god

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Thats great guys. I have my scan in 2 weeks at 24 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

24 weeks seems very late to be having a scan!

I'm glad everyones little ones are looking well :D

I think we're going to have a 4D scan in a couple of weeks. Anyone else considering one/had one before?

• Advertisement

lolli wrote: »
    Thats great guys. I have my scan in 2 weeks at 24 weeks.

I think we're going to have a 4D scan in a couple of weeks. Anyone else considering one/had one before?

we are at 24 weeks too ,scan should be at 22 weeks,but if anything is probably better late as baby is more developed ,
    all the best,
    by the way your not allowed to record the scan in the hospital,as i tried to record the heartbeat and got in trouble!!but other than that midwife was very nice and talked us though the details

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Hi crazy cat, we got the 4D scan done and would highly recommend it. The pictures we got were fab and we were able to watch the whole thing on a big screen tv. You get a dvd with it too which you can watch when you get home. I watched it so much for the few days afterwards :D

Advertisement