Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Maintenance Course - Cork/Munster

Options
  • 21-08-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if there's any courses/workshops taking place in the south of the country, I'd be very interested in learning a bit more!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

I know this is an ld thread, but there's no point in me starting my own to ask the same question!

Anyone know of anything around the Cork area?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beachyboy

Wondering the same, would be interested in a bike maintenance course in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I thought the Bike Shop in Fermoy used to do this. They post on facebook from time to time when its on, might be worth giving them a shout.

https://www.facebook.com/FermoyBikeShop?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

I was talking with friends about something like this. With all the online purchasing going on it'd be a great idea to set up a few bike stands and have a classroom/guided course where you could do your own upgrades as part of a class.
    Most jobs are easy when you know how and have the right tools. It makes life a lot easier to have someone to ask when you're not sure are you doing it right. I'd be willing to pay your typical evening class prices for something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

http://www.lcfe.ie/EVENING-PROGRAMMES/Hobby---Leisure-Courses-%281%29/Complete-Bicycle-Maintenance.aspx

I know it's in Limerick but I did this last year and was pretty good, took in my own bike most evenings and changed whatever needed to be changed. Gives a pretty good basic knowledge of everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭fazer1

Barry Meehan in clonmel does some occasionally, i don't know if he's a member here. If its not to far you could try contacting him via his blog, It's called "the cycling blog"

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭FMG

Any bike maintenance classes in Cork, northside preferably or if not any reccommends for an independant mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BobbieLuc

Does anyone know if there is one of these courses in the Mallow area?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Nothing I know of in Mallow but there is one on a Monday night in Ashton School,Cork City. The first class was this week, don't know if it's too late to register.

You could email the school to find out............... ashton.adulted@iol.ie

http://ashton.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ashton-nightclass-brochure-autumn-2017-web.pdf

Advertisement