Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singing dog ?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

We've a dog here and when an ice-cream van goes by with the music on the dog makes these weird howling noises. Couldn't be singing is it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My neighbours Malamute does this too, he's so quiet otherwise but sings every time the ice-cream van comes round.
    Always makes me laugh to hear him, better voice than neighbour:P

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

same here,,,our dobbie cross sits in the garden howling when the van is stopped anywhere near the house,,she doesn't ever do it to anything else,,,so funny,,i love it,,,,.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Durga

Ha! i know exactly what you mean. My Jack R is particularly musical. The icecream van sets him off. It's that tinkly sound. He also tries to harmonise with certain sig tunes. Eastenders is one, but what really gets him going is the intro to the Ronan Collins programme. If I'm on a day off from work I will have Radio 1 on for most of the day and as soon as that programme starts my guy starts up the howling. He also likes classical music and loves the sound of the piano in my mother's house. If I just tinkle some of the keys he tries to get round to the back of the piano to see where the sound is coming from. I have also bought him a wind up music box and some baby mobiles. When I wind them up he cocks the ears, tilts the head and just absorbs. He gets completely mesmerised :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I think it's hilarious! Do ye think it's because the ice cream van plays music in the higher frequencies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The higher frequency is hurting their little ears.

My mam's dog hates the ice cream man so much she will sit in the front window and howl till he is gone.

My mam only has to say ice cream and she jumps up to the front window to wait with her ears back!

It is funny to watch allright!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Durga

anewme wrote: »
    The higher frequency is hurting their little ears.

Yes, sometimes it does indeed sound like howls of protest....especially when the van plays Joxer goes to Stuttgart :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cesarbart

yes

Advertisement