Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nuisance phone calls

• 21-08-2009 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭

my elderly parents are getting phonecalls from private number at all hours,is there anything that can be done about this ? their number is not listed in phonebook either.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Stop makeing nuisance calls to your parents...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

You could get the Gardai to tap your phone and they can find out the source of the calls, although it could be extremely bored Gardai making the phone calls. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

You could get the Gardai to tap your phone and they can find out the source of the calls, although it could be extremely bored Gardai making the phone calls. :D

The gardai can only do anything if they keep very precise tracks of when these calls are being made and how long they last. At least that's what we were told when we had the same problem. If it's a mobile they can write a written letter to their service provider with the details and they can block the number if possible, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Do they have an elderly neighbour who has their number on a panic beeper perhaps? Thats what happened in my house. Old chap was rolling around in his sleep wearing it and setting it off, sending a phone call to my parents house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Are people making nuisance calls ever taken to court when caught?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

my elderly parents are getting phonecalls from private number at all hours,is there anything that can be done about this ? their number is not listed in phonebook either.:eek:

I went into the Eircom shop on O'Connell Street years ago and bought a little white thing for €30, connected it to my phone, and the number of the caller was displayed. So, next time the kids who were ringing rang I rang them back, asked for their parents, and told them what was going on and if it happened again I'd have to go to the Garda. It never happened again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Get the phone service provider to track the no that the nuisense call is coming from.
    Then, give that no to the guards.....a call from the guards usually stops them quickly from doing it again.

Advertisement