Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

06 PASSAT 1.9 TDI NO POWER

• 21-08-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone ever came across this before , the vehicle is down on power on take off very like the turbo is not working, the garage has checked the following. Some parts have been swapped with a good vehicle.
    No fault codes found with vagcom.
    Air flow meter swapped, Vacnum pipes checked for leaks, vacnum unit on bulk head swapped, exhaust system swapped, Rod on turbo is moving fully when throttle pressed fully, No play in turbo vaines found. Turbo intercouler pipes are not leaking and very hard to squeeze when you open throttle fully, Fuel filter changed and no dirt found in it. No black smoke when driving and throttle % is reading good, no build up of carbon in throttle body either. Do injectors give trouble on them?. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Fuel pumps gave terrible trouble on them. Maybe thats where the problem is!!! My 2 cent anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Thanks for the reply, the lift pump in the tank gave trouble, but as far as i know it was for a non start issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Crosshair

If your garage has a vagcom they should know that they can access things other than fault codes.
    The answer to your problem is in measuring blocks, they will give you the parameters that the engine ecu see's.
    I.e. you can compare MAF/boost press/egr/timing/temp./etc values against whats expected,
    If your garage are not capable of diagnosing a problematic Vw Tdi pd with the use of Vagcom I really thing you would be best served bringing it elsewhere.

Advertisement