Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Registration

Options
  • 21-08-2009 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi

I did my degree in computer science a few years ago and have been working in different IT jobs since then. Having no luck finding work in the bad economy I decided to go back to do the honours degree.

I sent an email enquiry to Barry Feeney and he told me that I could apply for the honours. I made an application on the online service for the add on honours degree a few weeks ago but no confirmation has been made as to whether or not it's confirmed.

Should I be a bit concerned about this? Or is there still time to make a late registration?

I was thinking about going down to the registrars office on Monday to confirm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Hey, I'm part of the current bunch of 3rd years heading into the honours degree and I'm pretty sure none of us have confirmation yet. You'll probably want to ring the registrars office just to check it out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

Im in the same boat with engineering hons course and havent heard a dickie bird from them. I am hoping its the usual adminstration problems that seem to occur every year, I honestly dont think there are enough people to deal with all the applications aswell as everything else they have to do.

IT Tallaght, GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR! FFS!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FeckArseInc

Thanks to those who responded. I just got back from the registrars office and showed them copy of the application I made online.

The girl said that Barry Feeney is away at the moment and will be back next week. When he returns he can approve my application and then send me an acceptance slip which I can then accept my position in the college course and then they'll send out the registration fees and forms.

It all seems really last minute but at least it's going through.

Advertisement