Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help wiring alarm

Options
  • 21-08-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

i bought premier 24 texecom alarm,i'm a phase 5 apprentice doing my own alarm
    i am 2nd fixing the alarm and have done all contacts etc. but i'm starting on the panel and am a bit puzzled so i've a few questions
    panel layout attached
    1. the pir's had 6 terminals : 2*relay nc;2*tamper nc;gnd;v+,now i take it that the relays are connected to a zone set;and the tamper to aux tamper connections;v+ to aux 12v power,but what about gnd?
    2.inertia sensors also have 6 terminals : + ; - ;t1 ; t2; a1 ;a2.
    do i use all cos they are in series with normal contacts and one is the end of line unit
    3.asked for a gsm unit,but what i got is a remote unit with 12v adaptor and it has a sim holder,does it need to be hard wired back to panel or how is it done?
    also was given many reistors?
    alarm 2 001.jpg

alarm 3 001.jpg

gsm unit 001.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

never used this system but from the diagram its seems straight forward.
    1. the pir needs to be on its own zone.
    it should be wired 2 for power, 2 for alarm and 2 for tamper but on this panel its dual end of line.
    the power comes off no/ 9 on diagram.
    the front door will need to be on its own too.

no/ 11 is the 8 zones on the diagram. all dual end of line by the looks of it.

not sure what sensors your using but can you post a picture of the sensors. they must take power off the 12v. its tamper, tamper, alarm alarm. the ones you should be using are e.g hkc, aritech global sensors because these have to be done in dual end of line also.

just checked on there website and the system does not support text, what is the name of the device you got for this and can you post a picture, do you just want the panel to report if the alarm activates ?

Premier 24
    Number of Zones (Onboard) 8
    Maximum No. of Zones (Expanded) 24
    SMS Text Messaging
    Areas 1 4
    8 Zone Remote Expanders 2
    User Codes 16
    Keypads 4
    Keypad Types LCD
    EOL Zone Configuration
    DP Zone Configuration
    Programmable Outputs (Onboard) 9
    Programmable Outputs (Expanded) 19
    Integrated Communicator
    Integrated Modem (V.21)
    Event Log 500
    1.2mm Steel Enclosure as Standard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The sensors you have will work fine. The hkc or aritech sensors mentioned by the op will not work as the texecom panels do not have an analyser.
    They are probably impaq or vipers, these have a built in analyser.

Advertisement